Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,678 Likes on 2,606 Posts
Originally Posted by Swoosh66
You know you drive an Excursion (that's jacked up) when....

You are new to FTE and you spend time reading 41 pages of posts on the subject and laugh the whole time.

When you pass a tractor trailer on the highway, and his truck sways, but yours doesn't.

When your daughter would rather go to her graduation in the Ex, over a Limo.

When you pull in to the baseball park, and a guy on the other team says "Holy F***, Gravedigger just pulled in"

You can see every person you pass on the street, walking or in a car, mouth the words "OMG that thing is huge!"
- User CP
- Edit Options
- Scroll to "Number of Posts to Show per Page" (about 2/3 the way down)
- Select 40

That won't change the number of posts, but it will reduce the number of page refreshes.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Swoosh66
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer

That won't change the number of posts, but it will reduce the number of page refreshes.
Thanks!! You know you're just enabling me to lie to myself now though right? lol

Old 06-06-2014, 07:58 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,678 Likes on 2,606 Posts
Originally Posted by Swoosh66
Thanks!! You know you're just enabling me to lie to myself now though right? lol
Us married guys have to stick together!

Old 06-13-2014, 01:50 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
You can tell what type of vehicle is going the opposite direction on the other side of the Jersey Wall / K-rail.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
When anytime (lifted or not) someone yells at you in another truck/suv at a light for "not staying in your lane" and just looking at them and saying "Cute little car" and smile. There are a few places in town where it merges back to back to back from one side to the other and people try to pass me thinking I drive slow due to my size and I just get over whether or not they get there

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 PM
lokomtv
Freshman User
You go to Lowe's and get five 4x8 sheets of plywood, five 2x4x8's, and four 12' pieces of lumber and nothing is tied to the roof rack and all windows are closed. Gotta love an Ex!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by lokomtv
You go to Lowe's and get five 4x8 sheets of plywood, five 2x4x8's, and four 12' pieces of lumber and nothing is tied to the roof rack and all windows are closed. Gotta love an Ex!
Awesome!

Did the same thing last fall!!!

Bought and entire back fence (posts and all) at Home Depot and when they asked me how I intended to carry all this lumber, I confidently replied: "In my Excursion " to which he replied, "Um ok..."

He left then Me and my Dad loaded it up and he just happened to show up as we were loading the last plank. I looked at him, said: "See? Told ya...you have a nice day" and drove off. It was awesome, lmbo!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
lokomtv
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Awesome!

Did the same thing last fall!!!

Bought and entire back fence (posts and all) at Home Depot and when they asked me how I intended to carry all this lumber, I confidently replied: "In my Excursion " to which he replied, "Um ok..."

He left then Me and my Dad loaded it up and he just happened to show up as we were loading the last plank. I looked at him, said: "See? Told ya...you have a nice day" and drove off. It was awesome, lmbo!
That's great! As we were loading today a guy entering the store walked by and kinda laughed and said "Is all that gonna fit in there?" as he stopped to watch. I said "yep", loaded the last twelve footer and closed the hatch. He laughed while shaking his head and walked away in disbelief. I think the Ex's get the same reaction where ever they go. People just can't believe what you can do with them.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:47 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have similar experience at home depot, loading 12' 2x4 lumber and plywood sheets, 3 guys tying lumber onto pickup truck under the loading area.

It was pouring out, my lumber got home dry, theirs did not. :-P

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 06-14-2014, 06:25 AM
lunatech
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When people are in so much awe of the beast that they almost walk off the curb and into the front corner panel before the catch themselves (this actually happened to me yesterday in a parking lot and there is NO way that they didn't hear that 7.3 idling by).

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you can pull your EX into the Garage and have calipers, pads and rotors replaced and vacuum bleed the system in under 30 minutes for both sides of an axle.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you pull into the camp ground pulling your TT and everyone turns and watch as you idle around looking for your spot.

When you take the kids fishing and you gently drive through the park and everyone turns to look as you are coming up on them!

I love my EX.....cursion.....Not my EX wife! lol

Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 AM
pkthomas
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When someone asks you to help move a full size couch and they say "we can do it tomorrow when it is not raining" and your response is "it won't get wet today"

When you buy two pallets of concrete wall block at home depot and say "no I don't need it delivered, just put it in the back of my truck"

Old 06-14-2014, 09:43 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by pkthomas
When someone asks you to help move a full size couch and they say "we can do it tomorrow when it is not raining" and your response is "it won't get wet today"
HA! I've owned my EX for a little over a month now and today will be my first couch move with "School bus".

Best thing is that the gas is on someone else's dime

Old 06-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Boog2001
Junior User
You realize the X doesn't fit at Sonic so you have to drive up on the curb just to get to the speaker.

Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....