Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVR making noise after shuting down motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok driving the truck today, it was cold and started it up. It seemed like it would stumble hard like completly stop, then idle ok did this for about two min, then it was ok. when warm still idles high and surges when you let off the gas and let it continue to roll. Going to the junk yard tomorrow. Also engine light comes on about five to ten min into drive then goes out again.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Well I got two TPS's and the EVP today from the junkyard to see if they work. I think the one TPS is aftermarket it's screw holes look the same but the middle hole looks a little bigger, But hopefully it will be fine.The EVP looks in really good shape. It was bucking hard today only when I let off the gas it seems mostly in 1rst 2nd a little in 3rd, and also at idle.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Well today I stsarted the TPS. I took off the throttle body and when I went to take the screws out of the TPS they were in their so tight they were stripping, so I had to use vice grips the one screw broke off in the TB. I guess I will go tomorow and grab a throttle body from one of their many 5.0 their is really no 5.8l but as you said they are the same. What should I look for when selecting one. Is it ok to be able to see a little bit of light evenly around the butterflys. Anyway going to try and clean up the IAC again. I put the EVP on today. Wont know until tommorow when I get her all put back together if that was the problem.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
I got a new throttle body today at the junk yard. It is off a A 92 5.0L it seems to be the same. It is pretty dirty but I will clean it up with some deep creep tonight. The TPS is left on it so I will not change anything yet. I know have 3 spares if need be. I am also thinking that my IAC might be the reason for the bucking. My reasoning behind this is I had this problem before, I then cleaned it out with TB cleaner and it improved it know is doing the same kinda thing. While I drive it bucks but only seems to do this when I am not on the throttle and at lower speeds, and of course idle. I may have gotten liquid in the IAC and it fried it. But I was pretty carefull. Or it is so far gone that cleaning it only worked for the couple of weeks. Does this sound like it could be it. Beside my codes for the TPS, and the EVP, which both are going on tommorow. I don't know if I should leave the old IAC on and see if that makes a difference just with the TPS, and then if that does not fix the bucking change the IAC just to narrow it down.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Ok I have a question about the new throttle body I picked up. The one from the 92 5.0l only has one nipple on it for a vacuum line of something like that. It is located on the passanger side in the middle. My old 5.8l TB had three of these nipples two on the drivers side and one in the same location as the new one. will this new one work what are those lines for I thinking the gas fumes. the lines run off these nipples to a cylinder looking thing then on to were the fuel fumes go I believe.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Well I got the truck running allot better today hopefully I am finished with those problems for awhile I put a new EVP on, changed the throttle body with a different TPS, and I also took another IAC took the electrical motor part of it off and then soaked it and scrubbed it with Q-tips. Everything went pretty good, a few minor things but their always is. The truck idles great know almost like new. I did a self test again before starting it and it gave me some wierd codes. I started the truck and let it run for awhile and then shut it off again. I got 11. I have not done a koer test yet but will soon.