Sponsored by:

New Ford Recall

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:43 AM
VR6Nutt
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
New Ford Recall

So I've been reading the thread about the new Ford recall in the 7.3 section as I received the letter in the mail. I also have a card from Ford for a free diesel oil change. Have also read horror stories about people getting their programming re-flashed back to stock, etc. I have the DP Tuner in mine and think I already had the CPS recall done. Should I set the program to stock and yank the DP prior to visiting the stealer? And whats all the fuss about the CPS swapping, etc? Is it really a free change? Or is it a possibility that my truck going to leave with new problems? Just kinda skeptical taking to Ford after all the reading on here. Any experiences here?

Old 11-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Drill a hole in the lip of your OBD II port and put a lock on it to ensure no flashes will be done to your PCM. According to Jody, bad things would happen to your chip if the dealership tries to reflash your PCM with the chip still installed.

As for the CPS, you want the black CPS, especially (in my opinion) if you're running with custom tunes.

Some of the guys who have reported problems with the grey CPS modules are running with custom tunes, some have stock trucks, and then there's the third set of guys who have reported zero problems.

The most common problem with the grey CPS is rough idling, stumbling, and rotational velocity DTC's in the number 3 and number 8 cylinders. There is also a phantom code problem Ford is aware of with the grey cam position sensors, and supposedly they are attempting to address the problem.

If you've already had the CPS recall done, you will have the grey CPS in your truck, which is easy to check.

Stewart