S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome theedanimal to the chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome theedanimal to the chapter!

Daniel has a 62 F100 unibody project, and is looking for ideas on where to start, what to do etc....

Glad to have you Daniel...tell us a little more!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Serg450
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Daniel.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Theedanimal
New User
Thanks Steve and Serg.

I actually had the truck given to me by my father who moved out of state. He used to live in Lakewood, and you may have seen the truck sometime Steve. It was parked in a driveway on Palo Verde near Del Amo.

The truck is fully primered right now.. it has some rust spots on it, and also a little bodywork damage on the right rear panel due to a drunk driver taking out a light pole into the back of the truck I guess I would like to start with that, bodywork and get it into decent shape. I'm no mechanic and/or metal man, so I'll be trying to find a shop or some assistance in doing that.

The engine is a built 302, with a C4 transmission in it... it runs great... stops not so great, and looks "ok". I would like to either fix the current drum brakes, or make a transition to disc at some point, but getting the current brakes fixed is probably more fiscally logical at this time.

In my head, I'd like it to be more of a hot rod type truck, with a lower stance (not slammed), and some nice wheels/paint.. but I do have a longggg way to go.

I'll try to keep this profile updated as time goes by.. and hope to chat with you guys..

Daniel

Old 11-14-2009, 06:35 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can darn near throw a rock to Palo Verde and Del Amo from where I live. Was it South of Del Amo on the West side of the street?

Whereabouts in SoCal are you?

Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Theedanimal
New User
It was south of Del Amo, but on the East side of Palo Verde between Del Amo, and Arbor.

I live in Tustin, and that's where the truck lives now.. have it in my covered space to avoid further damage to the exterior.. just been slow going on getting it started.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey, welcome to the site. there are a ton of good shops around so cal, what are your major cross streets in Tustin, i am in irvine, bryan and culver. if you ever need some help i would be happy to swing by. sounds like a great truck should be lots of fun. you should come by Car and Coffee some time, it is saturday morrning at the old ford building (now toco bell) by the spectrum, just follow all the lambos and ford GTs....it is early though 6:30 to about 8 or 9...lots of nice stuff there good variety and even some trucks now and then.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Theedanimal
New User
Hi Brady,

I'm actually at Jamboree and Bryan, very close to you. I've thought about the cars and coffee thing.. I just know the caliber of cars that go, and wasn't so sure how the beast would fit in.. haha.

Hopefully I'll be able to set aside some time and more importantly, some money soon to start getting it going. I'm thinking it will probably be after the holidays. Thanks for the offer on the help, I just may end up taking you up on that sometime.

Daniel

Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i have taken Jessica more then one time, there is a europen guy who has a 69 100 that he painted with spray paint flat black, and there is a BMW who used chalkboard paint and gives out chalk to people (really fun) and a number of other cars that wouldnt be next to lambos and what not at anyother show, i say bring it enjoy!