Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Pat Green fans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Jen
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pat Green fans?

Hey Texas!! Hows it been goin? I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm back!

I was just wondering how many of yall are Pat Green fans? I know there are some younger people in this forum so hopefully yall know who he is.

Anyhow, I met him Saturday! Along with Cross Canadian Ragweed, it was pretty awesome. Maybe when I get my pictures back I will post a few, if that is allowed!

Gig'em

Old 09-17-2002, 10:50 PM
88B_RONC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pat Green fans?

He did a free concert for us up here back in Jan and that was the first time I ever heard him. It was a blast and I have liked his music ever since.
he ranks right up there with Cory Morrow but still not quite as good as Robert Earl Keen Jr

anybody listen to Dub Miller or Jack Ingram? they are a couple of other younger guys that are pretty good too.

Old 09-18-2002, 01:31 AM
jdbanks
Elder User
Pat Green fans?

You don't know music until you've heard Pat Green. I've been a big fan of his for a long time. No disrespect to Keen, but I would rank Green higher personaly. But they're both awesome. Can't beat Texas music. YeeHaww!!

-j.banks-

Old 09-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Jen
Senior User
Pat Green fans?

Does anyone know how to get a picture from your email posted in this forum?? I got my pics back and the one I took with Pat is pretty cool!

Gig'em

Old 09-21-2002, 08:47 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pat Green fans?

Am I a Pat Green fan? Shoot, I've been watching and listning to him for forever. Long before he hit it big. It's good to see him finaly get a brake. It's funny, he use to sing about hating Nashville and giving up on them, now he's "one of them". At least he's keeping his roots and hasnt forgoten about us yet.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:18 AM
AggieFord84
New User
Pat Green fans?

Well, I am am/was a Pat Green fan. Listened to him for a long time and saw him every time he came to College Station and would go see him in Nacogdoches and all over the place. Then he started getting big and doing Miller Light shows, signed a big record contract and started getting air play and became a pretty big sell-out. I came to this conclusion when I went and saw him at Billy Bob's last year and he didn't even play Dancehall, his signature tune and first hit. That is my favorite song and I am still a HUGE fan of older stuff ("Here we go" and before). Got all his old CD's but not a fan of any of his new stuff, but I guess I should go see him in concert again and give him one last chance

Old 10-03-2002, 04:38 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Pat Green fans?

One of my other Ford friends loves Pat Green. He's always in Lubbock. I've never seen him in concert myself but I've got some of his stuff downloaded. I like Robert Earl Keen of course becuz he sings Levelland and that's where I live so ... Not that I'm partial to this town. I'd love to get out but, it's cool to say, hey I'm from a little town and there's a song about it. Anywayz!

Hey! Don't forget good ol' Chris LeDoux!

Connie (only Ford luvr in the family!)

'79 f100 "Silver Ghost" (my baby)
'83 f100 "The Ford" (my first)
'85 f150 "Old Blue" (my next project)

Old 10-05-2002, 10:33 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Pat Green fans?

I hear talk from people now about Pat Green being a sell out. They say he denounced "Texas Music" and claims to not be a Texas musician. And he has gotten bigger and gone away from his early stuff. Sell out?? I don't know, but I sure hope not. Guess time will tell.

-j.banks-

Old 10-08-2002, 12:39 AM
88B_RONC
Senior User
Pat Green fans?

At his concert up here a couple of weeks ago he played alot of his old stuff including Dancehall Dreamer and even a couple of his Texas songs despite being in colorado so I guess he hasn't "denounced Texas music" just yet.
I am much more upset at where Keen is going with his music. His latest album is lacking in the "offensive" country music that he used to be known for. Now it sounds just like any other nashvillized country music cd (except of course for his old songs he just rerecorded and put on there).

by the way anybody know of any good concerts going on around east and central Texas for the oct 25-27 weekend? I'll be in town for the a&m/nebraska game and am looking for something to do.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:47 PM
Buck000
Junior User
Post Pat Green fans?

I am a big Pat Green fan, but I think Roger Creager puts on a better show. The last time I saw Roger Creager he chuged beer in between songs.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Jen
Senior User
Pat Green fans?

Roger Creager...yeah he is great. Matt, the drummer, is my bosses son. Nice group. They always come into my work to get goodies for the road.

Gig'em

Old 11-07-2002, 08:35 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Pat Green fans?

Old 11-09-2002, 12:03 AM
fordinlinesix
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pat Green fans?

I'm a big Pat Green fan, I also like Cross Canadian Ragweed, going to see them at Billy Bob's this month.

Old 11-09-2002, 10:16 AM
xuare
Senior User
Pat Green fans?

Jen:

Only way I know of is to put it up somewhere on the web and then put a link to it in your FTE message. The board will then translate the link and stick it in.

If you don't have a website, you can create a private gallery, upload the picture to it, and link to the picture in there. Or, send it to me and i'll stick it up in a temporary location and give you the URL at which it can be found.

Old 05-05-2003, 09:47 AM
TAMU05
Senior User
Pat Green fans?

Pat Green is pretty good, i am more of a REK fan. i pretty much listen to Cory Morrow, Bleu Edmonson, Reckless Kelly etc. I try to go to every concert around here, Jerry Jeff Walker just played here this weekend. a couple spring breaks ago i went and saw REK, he kept drinkin in between songs and finally he got to drunk to play, he picked somoene out of the crowd to play, while he tried to sing, still a great show though

Quick Reply: Pat Green fans?