Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Good friends, Good times

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 02:51 PM
4rdrulz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good friends, Good times

Hello all, good to see we finally got our own chapter now lets keep it alive with some good stories, advice, places to go and people to see and oh yeah local event happenings. My name is Jerry I live in Woodlawn just outside of Clarksville and just a short drive from LBL and turkey bay. I retired from the Army in 2000 and have lived here since 1995. I'm self employed as a landscaper during the spring and summer and do remodeling during the winter. We have a 1/8th mile track here as well as the good old dirt oval. What we dont have enough of is Junkyards that believe old ford parts are gold coated. My brother and I live together (we were both getting divorced at the same time and misery loves company)he's a great mechanic and a dyed in the wool ford man. Since I'm older he does what I tell him LOL. I drive a 74 F150 custom that I bought for $350.00 without a bed but had only 48,000 original miles on it. It used to be a telephone service truck at Ft. Campbell and when they sold it a guy in Oak Grove bought it for the service bed and parked it in a field where it was when I bought it. My brother drives a 78 F150 that I gave him. We are working on restoring them (arent we all). I think my first priority will be to get it painted then go to work on the interior. I look forward to chatting with you all and helping out whenever I can. If you have a question about your old truck don't hesitate to ask, my brother is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to fords. Take care and God bless now someone pay the electric bill so it will warm up cause I got cabin fever real bad.

Old 03-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good friends, Good times

I hear that about the weather loud and clear!

I think Mother Nature took a Cruise Liner Vacation and left the hired help in charge....

Sounds like you're a live-wire like me, good to see ya!!!

It was dippin' towards the twenties already when I went out to the truck today to see what I could do... And the ground was still wet.

I still got the electric stuff disconnected from the bed, and it's ready to go further.

(I'm finishing up a bed and cab lift)

But I had laundry in my face tonight, so I had to split the time I had...

I think it's about time we had some pure "Yack-Topics" here....
How you doin' man? Got any advices about Tennessee-Proofing an old frame?

Old 03-05-2002, 12:29 PM
4rdrulz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good friends, Good times