Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sunsets

Old 07-17-2002, 09:29 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunsets

This grumbling Tennessee summer weather makes for some of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen, and this from a guy who has been everywhere.. Tonight was no exception, with a cloudy sunset, tinged green and yellow, with a deep orange globle shining in the clouds.. Breath taking. It has rained some every day for a week so the grass is getting out of hand again, but if I mow it wet, it clumps something terrible, and looks bad. We had some driveway work done, and a new angle cut to the side - the rain is cutting it into a gorge. Hopefully it will dry out some, and stop rumbling around out there - thunder is not the most pleasant sound.

Wm
'96 F450 White with Grey interior Crew Cab. Banks Turbo, Intercooler and Exhaust,
Power pack Chip, shift kit, Auxiliary transmission, electronic enhanced transmission control,
16 forward and 4 reverse ratios. 340hp 660ft lb 4 wheel drive, 4.10 gears, 12,ooo# winch

Old 07-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Sunsets

And here I thought everything would be burnt about crispy down there...

I know that if I keep the place down in Drummonds I need to give some serious thought to drainage. I talked to the wife tonight and broke the news about the change of duty stations - it seems the W-4 I sent down the way never made it either...

But other than that it was a very positive conversation.

Two years... All I need is two years, and a little luck. After that, everything I have learned I can put to use down home.

Old 07-17-2002, 09:41 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Sunsets

Cool, it is great to be in the Military, but kind of cool not to be anymore. (even if I feel old, useless and unwanted)

Wm
'96 F450 White with Grey interior Crew Cab. Banks Turbo, Intercooler and Exhaust,
Power pack Chip, shift kit, Auxiliary transmission, electronic enhanced transmission control,
16 forward and 4 reverse ratios. 340hp 660ft lb 4 wheel drive, 4.10 gears, 12,ooo# winch

Old 07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Sunsets

I'm at a point now where age is definately having it's inexorable effects on me.

But also where I can't do what I joined to do because it's no longer my job - if that makes any sence.

It's time, I want to go out into the world and do my own thing anymore.

Old 07-17-2002, 10:29 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Sunsets

Age sucks big time - I started to fall apart at 40, and got worse.. I am starting to regain controll though. That is good. I was a little disheartened by the lack of order when I left the military - I had spent a long time in ordered conditions, then came out to chaos.

Wm

Old 07-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Sunsets

I see the reverse.

I'm sick of them making it up as they go along - and then changing the rules all over again.

I know what I want to do pretty much, and can hardly wait to start doing it.

In fact, I already have a book underway. I'm up to chapter seven at www.itsonlywords.com

Enter "winford" in the search, and you'll find me as "Greywolf_Hunting"