Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Covers and Bed liners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:54 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
Tonneau Cover: Undercover
Bedliner: LINE-X (with LINE-X Xtra)

I second this! I have a undercover and couldn't be more happy with it.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:36 PM
n5926g
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LUND bedcover

Old 11-07-2009, 03:29 PM
carol stephens
New User
does any one know where we can get a tonneau cover to fit a 1966 f100 long bed truck or what mighr fit it wide & length

Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
TruckCoversUSA will custom make a cover for you if you give them the dimensions. They will walk you through the process.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
I have an ACCESS Limited and Line-X. This is my second truck with both of these and I have always been satisfied.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
BigJohn767
New User
OK...I just installed the Access Lorado and the BedRug. Excellent products! They both went on easy and fit perfectly. I have the crew cab 5'6" bed. I like the slanted sides on the Lorado. It gives a really nice look. Since I have a dark gray truck, the BedRug matches really good.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Bakflip HD folding cover with the factory drop-in liner, and I have an old rubber bed mat that goes on top of the plastic liner so stuff don't slide. Cover is working out great so far, one of the best I've owned. I might try a BedRug liner next time. Or I might try their new liner called the BedTred and it has a cushion feel like carpet but the outer side of it has a skid surface just like a spray-on liner. The place I got my cover from is offering great prices on Bakflip and BedRug stuff, email me if you're interested.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:54 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
After my research so far I have decided on the extang trifecta with the optional signature fabric and Line-X for the bed (probably not the extra though since I just want black anyhow). Probably one of the easiest covers in the world to install (something like 30 seconds from the box lol) and can be driven in different open positions and the whole thing pops off and folds up when you need the whole bed. Thier FullTilt model would be my second choice and is a little cheaper and available in snapless if you dont want the snaps. Check out Extang Tonneau Covers - Extang Tonno Covers for example (and decent prices).

Old 11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
As far as bed liners go, I used drop in liners for years, but later didn't like that after they scratched off the paint, it left metal exposed for the rusting. At the same time, I had a hard time with the thought of the inside of my bed being sanded down (Such a wast of beautiful paint).

I know have a spray in liner and am very happy with it. Please, for your own sake, do not choose the person who does your liner based on the brand. I have seen some really good and really bad liners from different companies. Do some research before you have yours done. They are designed to be permanent, so you want to get it right.

If you are worried about stuff sliding around, Rhino Liners tend to be more rubbery, but this makes them softer. It's nice if you're not going to be carrying things with sharp edges, or always fasten loads, so that something couldn't slide into your bulk head and make a tear or something. Line-X, on the other hand, is more ridged, it doesn't grip as good as Rhino but is more durable.

Ask your local vendor to see a finished truck, not just a little square sample or something. If you want to go with color, make sure you ask how their colors hold up to UV light. Actually, ask about their black too, some liners will turn to a chalky white, but most good liners will stay black, even though they will loose their shine.I had a Vortex Liner put in my truck, it's harder material like Line-X, and the dealer I went to gave me options on what type of texture I wanted.

Whatever you do, don't assume that one franchise location is going to be the same as the next. Here is a though, Anyone who has their truck lined, post pictures showing the finished product.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:17 AM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
shell or canopy?

I know thi thread is about tonneaus and bed liners, but on a related subject, anyone know about camper shells (or canopies as they are called in the northwest)? I had a Vision shell on my old 250 and really liked the way it looked, but the latches and dome light seemed cheap. anyone know what the best brands are? I need a shell for my dogs (3 decent sized ones). I need something that will allow them some air when travelling and prefer one with a front window slider. I'd also like a rack of some sort for my kayak on top, etc. It has to match my paint too... Thanks

Old 11-27-2009, 07:35 PM
shawonzo1
New User
My recommendation would be for an Undercover brand of tonneau cover. My dad has one on his 2005 SuperCrew F-150. I've taken notice... it's a really nice setup. It's easy to install, and is really convenient for my parents. I found them online for about $688 + Free shipping and some free goodies.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
BigMikeSTX
New User
78bigbronco,
Good choice on the Extang Trifecta soft tonneau. I had one on my '08 F-150 and have one now on my 2010 F-150. Works well and looks good.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:54 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by BigMikeSTX
78bigbronco,
Good choice on the Extang Trifecta soft tonneau. I had one on my '08 F-150 and have one now on my 2010 F-150. Works well and looks good.
Did you happen to get the signature fabric? I'm still deciding (well actually still waiting for money more like it) but I think I want to spend the extra on the premium fabric when I finally order it.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:22 PM
BigMikeSTX
New User
No, I didn't get the premium fabric. These are lease trucks so I only have them for 2 years. I can tell you that the standard fabric looked just like it did when I got it after 2 years of Michigan weather, although I think I would spend the extra money (about $50) for the premium fabric if I was buying the truck and keeping it for a while.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
tinman1340
New User
Lite Rider!!

I have had twolite riders on two trucks in the last 8 years, The first one I sold to a co-worker who is still using it today. Going on 8 Years of use and still very much like new. It is not quite as black as the day it was bought. But in my experience I would not go with anythign else. I actually just got home today with the new 2010 Lariat Crew and am taking it in the morning for the Lite Rider Install. (free install certainly can do it yourself). Just my 2 cents but very good product.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers and Bed liners?