Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

**Ummm yea.....I'm lost**

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Polish Princess
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI guys...well im guessing its mostly guys that come on here ..well im a girl as you might already know...im 21 and live in ohio...i just got a 97 ford explorer sport (well you cant just say i got it i have had it for a year) but anyways...in that years time i really havent done much to it...fact is when it comes to this stuff i get lost....dont get me wrong i could probably put some of the stuff in by my self if someone would at least tell me how...now for the like engine sufff im not goin to touch that .... but i would like some help if anyone would be so nice...as what to buy what things do what....im not talkin performance cuz that stuff is to much and i cant really do it my self ..and the
Edited by Administration for Content

at those car places rip me off since im a girl..i guess i kinda just want things to make my explorer look better its in really nice shape any ways..things i have done:
I matched my two front windows to match my back windows with tint
I added new speakers
I added under ground lights (white)
and well yea thats pretty much bout it so any help would be Great

Old 11-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Kamikazee
Junior User

no, you are not lost, anyone(even females) are more than welcome here. as long as you love that "ford" name you will fit right in. although i own a 2001 s.d. my specialty is 73-79 trucks,but there are many people around here that might be able to help you out. so what are you looking to do next to that ride? lift? tires? boltons? i deal with a couple places around cleveland on to akron so i might be able to hook you up with some good deals. good to have you aboard

Old 11-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Bluehawk
More Turbo

now for the
>like engine sufff im not goin to touch that .... but i
>would like some help if anyone would be so nice...as what to
>buy what things do what....im not talkin performance cuz
>that stuff is to much and i cant really do it my self ..
>i guess i kinda just want things to make my explorer look better
>

Welcome to the group. You can get all kinds of things that will fit your truck. Best thing that I can tell ya is to go to the accessories shops, and get one of their catalogs. That way you can look through and see what appeals to you. You already have a good looking truck, now you just need to add your personal touches. As far as engine mods go, you can do some yourself. You could install a K&N air filter, which is just a matter of taking the old one out and sliding a new one in. It will help your truck breath easier, which may help your gas milage some. Power chips are easy to put in, but costly. You could get a grill/brush guard for the front. You may want to get some driving lights, and headlight/taillight covers. Looks like you already have nerf bars and a bug guard. Also, if you know anybody who works at an autobody shop, they maybe able to recommend someone who does custom pinstripes and stuff like that. A lot of it costs less than you think when you actually check on it. Good luck with your truck, and let us know if we can help ya with anything.

Bluehawk

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displaythumbnail.php?&photoid=4318&.jpg
F-250 SD XLT CC 4x4 Shortbed; 285/75R16 BFGoodrich T/A KO, MAAP nerf bars, Rally/Lightbar combo, PIAA 1300 driving lights, Lund bugshield, Lund SunVisor, tinted windows, K&N airfilter, Access tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, remote starter/security system, custom built console, Cobra 29 ST/WX CB with a Wilson 1000 magnet mount antenna, Realistic 500 channel police scanner, Kenwood 10 disk CD changer, Compaq laptop, SVP 100 Watt siren, and 24 Strobe lights.

Upgrades for the near future include: Warn Rio Grande pushbar with a 12,000# winch, 4" lift kit, and fender flares.

Old 11-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Ohio Bill
Senior User