Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:16 AM
rckslash2010
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya it's been bent up a couple of times, I just bend it back. Good advise, especially if I go off roading with it. I would hate to lose it. I could drill holes and mount it in the center of the bumper, I wonder how cheesy that would look.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tbenks
i would really love a big solid custom bumper, would it be a good idea to try to find someone who does custom fabricating and have them weld one together out of scrap? the prices online for bumpers is retarded
You might or might not save money. It depends where you go, some people charge more because they put their own time into it. Something that could save you money is if you have a good idea in mind, or on paper, and you cut the metal out yourself. Just bring it to anyone who can weld to weld it all together.

Actually my sister was arguing with me because she had to get new license plates just because she had them for so long, i've had mine longer and they're practically destroyed and I havn't had issues with them. Although I got pulled over once because I had an inch of mud on my license plate lol. I think that mounting them higher and maybe on my body would be pretty good. I hate to unbend it all the time. And sometimes my bumper takes an impact, I remember we were on a trail heading somewhere and there was a log laying across it. We didn't have anything to remove it with so we just drove over it, we kinda nudged eachother over it lol.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:37 PM
tbenks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey thanks for the advice pro, i think i will plan it out and im just not sure about the cutting, how thick of steel do you think a sawzall would get through 1/4 inch? and
rckslash that thing is epic, you must live up in moose country

Old 12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
A torch would do you great good. :P

I can honestly say, i've only used a sawzall like twice in the past five years lol. And one of those times my bud cut my hand open with it. I prefer a good ol' fashion hack saw. LOL.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
tbenks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Prozon

I can honestly say, i've only used a sawzall like twice in the past five years lol. And one of those times my bud cut my hand open with it. I prefer a good ol' fashion hack saw. LOL.
ouch sorry about your hand, was he still your 'bud' after that incident? lol, now, i wonder where i could find old thick slabs of steel? any ideas?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM
86sixbanger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Prozon

Sorry, I've just got to ask, that didn't have any involvment with alcohol, did it?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
I quit drinking some time ago. No alcohol of any kind anymore.
No, he told me to hold onto something, and it slipped and he cut like halfway up my thumb down to like mid palm. Lost quite a bit of blood lol.

And yeah, he's still my bud. I've never seriously wounded him, but i'm sure we're even by now. LOL.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:51 AM
86sixbanger
Posting Guru
Good for you. I don't think you'll ever regret the choice to stay sober.
but damn, man. that sounds like it really hurt.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
I laid down for a little bit lol. I didn't feel well.

I'm a big wuss when it comes to losing blood lol.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 AM
86sixbanger
Posting Guru
It's a natural instinct of the human being to be squeemish when they see that they are losing their own blood.

lol. this doesn't have much to do with bumpers. I wish I could put the plans for my new bumper on here. 10" C channel. varying from 3/16 to 1/2" thickness. Heavily gusseted. And I'm gonna incorperate a class 3 receiver hitch that I got off of a one ton econoline van into the works. For heavy recovery pulls and for sliding in the ol' winch. And of course I'll put a couple of D-rings on the front and probably some diomand treadplate on the top like yours so I can have a catwalk to stand on while I'm wrenchin' on the ol' power plant.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tbenks
i wonder where i could find old thick slabs of steel? any ideas?
Lots of people will give you free crap cleaning up their property lol. Thats how my property got so cluttered. Getting paid to haul off scrap. :P

Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Areyouforcereal?
Senior User
Originally Posted by 86sixbanger
It's a natural instinct of the human being to be squeemish when they see that they are losing their own blood.

lol. this doesn't have much to do with bumpers. I wish I could put the plans for my new bumper on here. 10" C channel. varying from 3/16 to 1/2" thickness. Heavily gusseted. And I'm gonna incorperate a class 3 receiver hitch that I got off of a one ton econoline van into the works. For heavy recovery pulls and for sliding in the ol' winch. And of course I'll put a couple of D-rings on the front and probably some diomand treadplate on the top like yours so I can have a catwalk to stand on while I'm wrenchin' on the ol' power plant.
Sounds like you have the same Idea I did. lol

Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
Nice looking Ranger you have there.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
86sixbanger
Posting Guru
yes! that's it! except for various reasons I haven't started mine yet. Still working on mah headache rack.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
I plan on building a headache rack soon. Actually there is already something that I plan to use, I just need to modify it a little bit to fit the bed.

Quick Reply: Bumpers!!