1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Dissention among our ranks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
5 Star
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Canada we have a 30 year old enforcement on the age of a vehicle before its allowed Historic Plates, and it applies to Original Vehicles. With exception to safety updates, Radial Tires, Safety Glass has to be installed in those that never had it, and has to be replaced. Some are running Hydraulic Brakes which is another safety feature.
As we are in the Salt Belt, we have also the Collector Car Insurance and allowed to run I believe 10,000 miles a season. This is great as I don'y put nearly that on mine. We have restrictions on Shopping malls, Driving to Work, plus a few more.
Now get a grip on this, lets use a Modified Shoe-Box for a pick vehicle, it could be anything but I just piced this as an example. If this car although original looking from out side, but has a modern Crate Engine and your not running Emmisions on this Baby, then look out.
They can actually pull the plates on this car and the fine is well lets say outrageous. I don't know the exact figure but none the less its there.

For what its worth and this includes the U.S. & Canada we have 2 groups working hand in hand trying to keep our Cars/Trucks on the road. They are S.E.M.A., & S.V.A.O. in ON.
The Government is comming up with new legilation each and every day to make our Hobby a living nightmare, like Cat Converts, Air pumps, all the necessary Emissions, hell they were even throwing the Idea around of Cats on Model Ts, go figure that one.
Personally I would let that guy bury himself in his self proclaimed B/S, it will catch up with his, but we are giving him plublicity, and I believe thats what he is looking for. JMO

Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 PM
fatfenders56
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mr Beyers needs to get a life, I wonder if he moved into a 75 year old house if he would want indoor plumbing or prefer the ''completely original'' outhouse? I love Model A Fords but if you go to a real concours show restorers laugh at guys who restore them. (I am the second owner of my ''butchered'' Model A and I have had it for 37 years, what does that prove?)

Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I took my 53 to a local show yesterday in south Arkansas, this was a hot topic among the folks running "antique" plates. If this was enforced, probably 90% of the vehicles there displaying antique plates would lose them. Most of the vehicles had antique plates.
I didn't hang around the tent where the Model-A crowd was, but I imagine they were getting a cold shoulder from a lot of the participants.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Alcaeus
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Arizona there aren't any restrictions other than it has to be 25 yr or older. Its 25 extra for the plate.

I moved here from California and the laws are lets say... Different.

I remember when I bought my first gun in AZ. I thought it was going to be a hassle. When the time came this was the conversation. "have a drivers license with AZ on it?" "Yep!" "Here is your gun! Have a nice day" lol

That's it folks! I love Arizona!