[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 19-Mar-01 AT 09:17 AM (EST)[/font][p]The FTE guidelines ( http://ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html ) state:
- Do not use the boards to advertise products or services. If you have items to sell, please use our classifieds.
- No solicitations, product announcements, catalog announcements, sales, etc. If you have product announcements, please contact the webmaster and he'll make arrangements to announce the product(s) for you.
-No posting of your business web site, mailing address or phone number.
- Vendors who are paying advertisers may include a web address, mailing address and phone number in their signature.
- Vendors and dealers must clearly identify their company affiliation in their signature when posting about either their own or a competitors products or services.
Any of the following on your site qualifies it (for our purposes) as a commercial site:
1. paying banner ads
2. paying affiliate links/programs
3. MLM information
4. Pyramid schemes
5. online stores/product sales
6. Programs which gives you a rebate for referrals.
This policy will be strictly enforced. If you are a paying advertiser (classified ads do not qualify) you may put a link your posting signature.
Non-advertising commercial sites may not:
1. refer their own site
2. link to their own site
3. provide a phone number
There are ways vendors can get free referrals:
1. A listing on our links pages (requires reciprocal link)
2. A listing on our Hot 100 list
3. Supplying a product or service for review
4. Providing FTE with an in-depth article about your products or services. FTE will publish the article along with a link to your site in its Tech Articles. The product or service article must be about something unique. If you're selling the same thing 50 other vendors sell, then it will not be published as a tech article.
Over the next few days I will be editing signatures and postings with commercial links. FTE pays for its bandwidth so vendors who wish to utilize our bandwidth must pay for it.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.