Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Glad to hear that you got her fixed Pete.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Postmaster

hucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to all
Alright Pete!!! I'm glad you got it. Enjoy the perma.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Of the next Riffraff East

zx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant future
Dude, you are making me laugh and I really don't want to laugh at you, but damn! I told you it was going to be something simple. Frustration will make any problem look huge when it's usually right in front of your nose. Thanks for letting us know and enjoy you new power.
Pete's Filter Covers~ Roadside Help Network~ Riffraff Diesel Performance
Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Posting Guru

PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.
Pete Halpen Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket View Post
So I'm officially the MOST stupid person on these boards.

Went out to the truck one more time to look at the chip. Took today off work cause it's so freakin hot. So I checked the DP once more. Checked the controller. The cable looked like it was hooked up funny so I flipped it over. Then I plugged it into the chip and installed the chip. Turned the key to run and the switch lit up and said 1 on it. Didn't start the truck yet cause I wanna go play and I had to tell mama I'm going to the shop to wash it. Which I will, but first we'll get it a little dirty.

Anyways thanks again, guys. Now it's playtime.
No Pete,you're not stupid,you just had a little problem with something you had never done before. At least you had everyone here to help you figure it out,and now you get to experience what we have all been raving about!!! Enjoy!!
2001 F250, Platinum Edition (1 of 2482,thanks Ed),PAA #114, CC, SB, 4x4, auto, 295k +, DP TUNER - Live Tuned, Casserly Stg 1's, WW, 1.0 housing, ISSPRO's, 8.5" lift, 38" Kumho's, 20" welds, 4:30's, 4" turbo back, 6637, 650 dash, '08 diff cover+tailgate, '05 Lights+Grill, RiffRaff HPX,FRX+OCR, 522hp+1006tq Thanks to the new ZIGGY mod!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Went out to the truck one more time to look at the chip....Checked the controller. The cable looked like it was hooked up funny so I flipped it over. Then I plugged it into the chip and installed the chip. Turned the key to run and the switch lit up and said 1 on it.
LOL! Duuuuude! Peeeeeete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crum71 View Post
The problem I had was plugging the wire to the controller. It went on upside down,and I pulled it out 3 times before I realized what I had done....GRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner View Post
Pay close attention to page 4 of our instruction manual. If there is no power getting to the switch it will not light up. Double check the seating of the knotches.

Glad it was something simple and easy brother!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Senior User

shacks87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.shacks87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Glad you got it working. Now have fun.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
So I've now got my passenger side lower mirror (towing mirrors) adjusted to see the smoke pouring out of my truck.

Oops. I mean....... As an environmentally conscious individual I would NEVER roll coal in my truck.

Gotta say I love the sensitivity of the throttle now. I popped it into stock to come up my street just to make dang sure I wouldn't blow any smoke and it felt like I had to put my foot to the floor to make the truck move.

And I probably burnt 1/8 tank of fuel and took 1,000 miles off my tires, but for some reason I just can't stop smiling.

And it's ok, Barry. You're not the first person to laugh at me for being stupid.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
Great to hear you finally have her lined out Petie now enjoy my friend
Pete's Custom Filter Covers Riffraff Diesel Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Kinda tough to embrace the dark side when your an electrician.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:24 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Quote:

And I probably burnt 1/8 tank of fuel and took 1,000 miles off my tires, but for some reason I just can't stop smiling.
That is perma grin bud!! Welcome to the club
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 PM

zx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant futurezx250 has a brilliant future
Brother, I'm not laughing at you for being stupid, I've done way dumber things than that before and I don't consider myself stupid. It's just fun to see someone else missing the obvious once in a while. Besides, I'm laughing with you, not at you. You are still welcome to work on my truck anytime you want.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
I never new what the letters - DP stood for Pete, now I do thanks to you.

It stands for DIRECTIONS PETE....

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maevans View Post

Now look, you have me laughing "with" him again.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Post Fiend

superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maevans View Post

Wish I could rep you for that one!
PAA Member #2
97 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
96 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD - totaled 4/17/11 and sorely missed
God speed PaysonPSD, you will be missed
ThumperTalk / All Things Moto! / Back Country Rebels / SAWS / BRC
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 AM

Ain't that the truth. Just how much can you spread them out? That's some funny stuff and I want to rep him for the chuckle I got.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Good going Pete. You had me doing the Jacob.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
73, chip, dieseloringscom, dp, dptuner, f5, ford, illuminate, install, powerstroke, switch, trucks, tuner, turner, video