1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

bondo failed :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The Bondo Brand Body Filler IS Epoxy though. Specifically, it is an Epoy/Talc composite that makes sanding easier.

Very nice write up Norvik!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:25 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
makes me want to go buy some filler and go to town on all my body panels!!!
I'm getting closer.
My frame will be sandblasted first of the week so I'm getting ready to spray it soon as it gets back, cab is being repaired (patch panels) and Engine rebuild is close. I can almost smell the bondo now . lots of good info in this thread, I'll be reading Nordviks write up again before I start spreading though

Josh

Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ight=bondo+101

I found this write up on the HAMB the other year that appears rather similar to Novik's. Are you that same person, just wondering . If so I'd like to thank you again for all the help you gave me in the past when we corresponded

Old 08-08-2009, 03:07 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No thats not me, lol

Old 08-08-2009, 03:58 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by nordvik72
No thats not me, lol
So what you wrote wasn't your's either,lol

Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 PM
jlang
Senior User
.... thank you for all of your help and especially the novel by nord lol saved that in my computer
i feel realy dumb for admiting this but... i forgot all about the WD 40 i put on it and as it turns out that was the cause of the problem

thank you every one for the advice and sorry for my stupidity

Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ahh, the mistakes we make in the process. My mom called them "Learning Experiences". It's all good. Now you know what "NOT" to do in the future. As to the list of things to know about bondo......Lot's of good information, from different view points. When building air planes for Cesna, the FAA wouldn't allow anything but "EverCoat" products. We even had to accurately measure the proper proportions of hardner to filler. If we ended up going to thick, we had to reinstall a lightning strike mesh. The end result would be a glass smooth fuselage, and wing assembly that started as a pile of bonded together fiberglass panels. The evercoat stuff is lighter, and, in my opinion, easier to work with then any of the bondo brand stuff. A lot of guys in auto body work use cardboard pallet boards, but that actually sucks the resins out of the product.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:37 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
Originally Posted by 56panelford

Just trying to be more like the so called supporters 56panelford lol Seems like everything is cut and paisted when it comes from one of them hahaha

Old 08-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
I thought I had read that somewhere before...It became more obvious when the article talks about his home state of North Dakota and Nordvik is in WA.
Good info though...
Body work is next for me after my frame. I don't have much, but I will re-read this when I get to it.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
lol Trying to be more like AX and julie! maybe ill become a supporter one day now that i figured out how to use a search engine and cut and paist. J/K Who ever did write it up spent allot of time and touched on a little bit of everything though.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jlang
.... thank you for all of your help and especially the novel by nord lol saved that in my computer
i feel realy dumb for admiting this but... i forgot all about the WD 40 i put on it and as it turns out that was the cause of the problem

thank you every one for the advice and sorry for my stupidity
Yeah, but isn't it nice to know the WD-40 did what it was supposed to do - OUCH.

Originally Posted by nordvik72
Just trying to be more like the so called supporters 56panelford lol Seems like everything is cut and paisted when it comes from one of them hahaha
It's a good group to emulate! If you have as much intelligence, education, and experience as you do "mouthy" attitude, then you might just be able to contribute as useful and positive a contribution as they do. Not seeing it yet though.

I won't speak for myself, but the contribution that guys like AX, Bob Jones, Ross, Number Dummy and the like (just to mention a few) make to this site help hundreds of people with literally thousands of problems that NO ONE else has the answer too, because they have years of experience, are well educated in the field, know the answers or where to find them and are not afraid to quote an intelligent unoriginal answer when it is the right one and apropos. And they do it just to help and to learn.

Smart people realize that when you get 2 or 3 thousand posts from participating on the sight and these discussions every day for years, you will probably also recognize that 80-90% of the questions have already been asked and answered a good number of times. Most often, there has already been more than enough discussion, and it makes little sense to "reinvent the wheel" let alone retype paragraphs, when the right answer and the supporting data are already available and easily communicated. Why have the same debate or do the same work multiple times - that's just dumb.

Save that hard work for the truck....

Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
Sorry Julie i was just playing with you. you do a great job helping all of us out, Thanks

Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Funny how e-mail tone gets us into trouble.

Just playing back with you.....does your face still hurt?

Sorry,

Old 08-08-2009, 07:39 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
From smiling yes!! lol Sorry i have a funny sence of humor i guess.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:01 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
AHH ! I love you Guys and Gals LOL
How about a big round of cold frosty's? on FirstRider

"Nordvik72 ,my head hurt after that long read .Time for some frosties .Yikes !!!"

Cheers

Josh

Quick Reply: bondo failed :(