Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Photos For Arlene

My reel-to-reel and 8-Track

Click the image to open in full size.

Johnny Cash Sun Record - Autographed

45RPM Johnny -autographed

Boots Randolph - Autographed

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
My Amp/Tuner/Old Turntable with 78RPM speed on it.

Portable Wind Up

Part of my Wall Unit - Record Cabinet

Other End of Cabinet

My Old refurbished (by me) RCA Victor Wind -up Look at the pack of wooden needles at top left.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Back... By popular demand

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
www.facebook.com/djarlene
How fabulous is that!!!??? Love it!! Is the victrola dated?
Living the life you only wish you had.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Posting Legend

What do ya think that yellow SUN record (33 1/3) with J.C's autograph is worth? I haven't the slightest.....

Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure, but I'll keep my eyes & ears open. I'd be curious to know, too!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
pictures don't do it justice bud. it is really a got to see it to believe it.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Posting Legend

Somewhere I heard that even the EP-45 isn't too cheap itself. Johnny actually signed 'em both for me at his old Store/Museum he had in Hendersonville, TN. His tour bus was parked outside...big black L-O-N-G bus. He was getting ready to go on tour with the Highwaymen Tour.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
How fabulous is that!!!??? Love it!! Is the victrola dated?
Oh yeah, the original metal plate is on the back.... I forget what it is...hold on...it it isn't too much trouble, I'll try to look.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:34 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
man they look great Bud -i was there but i really never looked around too much-hate to be too nosey
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Posting Legend

There's a metal plate with the Model/Ser # behind the tone arm. If I remember correctly, you gotta take the S/N to a web site some guy started and you can get the approx manuf date from that. Model VV-Xa - S/N 377369. On the back, there is a patent date, but that isn't a manuf date. Patent date was 1902. So manuf was some time AFTER that. Found it..... 1918 S/N's from: 357000-414000. Sold for $75.00

Old 08-01-2009, 09:39 PM

we'll just have to do a little footwork, then. It's a beautiful piece, though. Would go perfectly in my office... hint, hint.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Posting Legend

If anyone is interested, history is here: http://www.victor-victrola.com/index.html

Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
we'll just have to do a little footwork, then. It's a beautiful piece, though. Would go perfectly in my office... hint, hint.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I think it looks pretty good just where it sets!

Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM

didn't hurt to try...
Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Great collection Bud, thanks for sharing.

I think Helen has a wind up record player.

In Dover, DE there is a museum that has a large collection of all kinds of manual players.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 PM