Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Tree tickets ot one time

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Headviking
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tree tickets ot one time

My buddy was pulled over for no apparent reason. The gave him 3 tickets, 1) no "Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration Certificate". $335.00. 2) fail to display Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration Certificate. $240.00. 3) fail to complete daily inspection report. $240.00. Well he didn't give them any attitude, he was just floored with these tickets. Now his vehicle is a 2001 F350 CC, duelly. This is his personal truck and uses it as his daily drive. I have been trying to get some info on the H.T.A. regarding his truck. It is registered as 5200 kilograms. Does anyone know anything about the weight limits for these trucks and registering them. If any Canadian has any infor for me (him) please post.

Here is a web site ..... still trying to understand it.
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...h08_e.htm#BK41
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I understand & have been told, you DO need an annual safety on a 1 ton, especially duallies, but you should NOT need the CVOR & inspection report unless you're commercial. The buttheads that work for the MTO spend a lot of time hunting for 1 ton dually commercial trucks, trying to catch them unawares about the daily inspections etc. That's why at work, we got a 3/4 ton as our second work truck, to avoid all the hassles with the dumbarses that work for the MTO.

I think you'd best consult a lawyer, or points or somebody knowledgeable, but either way, I'd fight this one for sure on a personal vehicle!

Good luck!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
twin66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its actually any vehicle over 4500kg, or truck/trailer combo over 4500kg. I know because my girlfriend has a 92 Dodge cummins w250, and she pulls a horse trailer, which is definetaly over the limit, and we had to get it inspected. We were not told we needed the daily inspection report. I would think you could fight the second and third tickets.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.