Sponsored by: Moser

FX4 satellite radio questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
pass-thru
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 satellite radio questions

I am in the process of ordering a '10 FX4 through a traveling salesman overseas, without the benefit of seeing the vehicles in person, and the salesman himself doesn't seem to have very good information, several things he told me were flat out wrong.

At the moment I'm seeking answers to a few questions regarding the radio.

1. Salesman told me that the navigation radio could function as a computer, with work solutions software available from dealers stateside.....I can't find anything to verify that, is it true?

2. If I get the navigation radio, will the truck still come with am/fm radio?

3. Do I need the screen fromt he navigation radio in order to use the back up cam, or is there some other way for that to function?

4. The navigation radio seems a bit steep in price, is it generally considered worth it from those who've used it? Does it take away fromt he interior if it's not there?

5. Can a six disk changer be used in conjuction with the navigation radio?

6. The brochure says that in dash six disk cd with satellite radio has limited availability in FX4's. Would it be available in an FX4 SCREW without the navigation radio?

Thank you very much.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
silver05fx4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i can answer a few of your questions

no.2 yes the nav comes with the fm am radio
no.3 if no nav screen the backup cam works in the rear view mirror
no.6 i have 6 disk sat radio with out nav

Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pass-thru
I am in the process of ordering a '10 FX4 through a traveling salesman overseas, without the benefit of seeing the vehicles in person, and the salesman himself doesn't seem to have very good information, several things he told me were flat out wrong.

At the moment I'm seeking answers to a few questions regarding the radio.

1. Salesman told me that the navigation radio could function as a computer, with work solutions software available from dealers stateside.....I can't find anything to verify that, is it true? No they are 2 different radios.

2. If I get the navigation radio, will the truck still come with am/fm radio?yes

3. Do I need the screen fromt he navigation radio in order to use the back up cam, or is there some other way for that to function?No but it's a lot better through the nav unit

4. The navigation radio seems a bit steep in price, is it generally considered worth it from those who've used it? Does it take away fromt he interior if it's not there? Dash looks nicer with the nav unit as there a lot less buttons and the nav unit coupled with the sony speakers and sub make a very very good factory system. Im well impressed with mine

5. Can a six disk changer be used in conjuction with the navigation radio?Im not sure but the nav unit has a system where you can copy discs to the nav unit so you can store them and delete them as you like and it will hold a lot of music in mp3 format.

6. The brochure says that in dash six disk cd with satellite radio has limited availability in FX4's. Would it be available in an FX4 SCREW without the navigation radio?You should be able to get sat radio witout nav

Thank you very much.

Hope this helps