S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:56 PM
socalpsdowner08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me decide!

Ok here's the deal. My deployment is just about over, have been spending months looking at things to add to the truck. So I have narrowed it down to two. Dpf-r.com cat/dpf delete kit or amp(bestop) powered steps. Can't decide which to get. I know i want the stock ford steps gone. But I really would like to get that dpf off, so as you can see I'm stuck. Getting both is not really an option trying not to spend that much. Anything you guys can say that can help.

Thx
Arric

Old 07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see you posting - hope everything's going as well as it can over in the sandbox!

You know they're going to start smogging our trucks next year, right? If you decide to do the DPF/Cat delete, be sure to keep them laying around so you can hook 'em back up when you have to test.

These 6.4's are putting down some crazy numbers with just a DPF/Cat delete and a tune. I don't know if I would be able to resist doing that if I had one.

On the other hand, you can't drive it if you can't get into it , so maybe the steps would be best to get first.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
orng1
Postmaster
I would get the DPF delete kit, with the money you'll be saving on fuel you'll be able to afford the steps in no time. Ok maybe not but the steps are a luxury where the dpf will save you money.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:23 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Personally, I just would not mess with the emissions or tuning of an '08, particularly if money were an issue (when is it not?). Too many warranty and smog test issues. Even if you were to live in a state that did not test, Ford just has no forgiveness on that motor.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:06 AM
socalpsdowner08
Senior User
Yea thx guys still not sure what im gonna do. Will probably end up with both.