1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1929 Model AA Dump Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:54 AM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
1929 Model AA Dump Truck

Hello Everyone,

I already posted this in the older model forums but thought I'd post it here as well and maybe one of you know of where I could get some info.
I have a good friend who has a 29 AA Dump truck that's been in his family since it was new. His grandfather owned it and it has been passed down to him over the years. He is a little older than me and not on-line. I said I'd look around for help on the web.
His story is that the truck has been garaged now since the 70's not run, not even been moved. He is just finishing chemo and this has been his dream and now that he is starting to feel better he wants to start to work on it. He says he wants to drive it again before it's too late. My mission is to help him find some suppliers and catalogs and help him however I can. He has been a great friend to me over the years and to be honest I am not sure how much longer he has. Even if this does not happen, he is excited about something and has a positive outlook on this and I want to help.
If anyone know of places that sell parts for this era truck, Please let me know. I searched the archives, googled and ebayed and can't find much. I know the FTE guys are great and appreciate any help.

Thanks everyone.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sacramento Vintage Ford sells some parts, not sure what your friend needs but try this:

Sacramento Vintage Ford

Good luck

Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
1955effie
Senior User
model a info

hi , i have had good service from brattons you can find them online @brattons.com . great service and their tech info is good also . another one that i have used in the past is macs antique auto parts , online also they are in lockport ny . and finally the best of the best is Don Roberts in Mohawk NY . this man has been a walking talking encyclopedia. He is the first one i contact . If you want check out my gallery there is a 1930 ford (of course) coupe that I restored for my father about 12 yrs ago . Drop me an email if you need some info . I will be glad to help out if I can .

Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
-Jim G
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dennis,
I cannot help with finding parts suppliers, but I can put in a good word for life after chemo. I had acute leukemia three years ago, but now the treaments have apparently cured me.

I really appreciated the help my friends gave me during my time of recovery. I also appreciate hearing of people like you that are helping out another cancer survivor!

Chemo is awful poison and it took a long time before I recovered my strength and balance, but eventually it did come back. Don't count your friend out yet, and please do know that your assistance is a vital part of his recovery.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Big Oleo
New User
Model A Parts

Hi Dennis, during my surfing for parts I've found Three places that might interest you, macs autoparts,early ford, and joblot auto.All have truck parts and online catalogs.Only Dealt with Macs,Job lot has 30 page online catolog with some interesting books at the end. I think they all have catalogs in print? i think.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:56 PM
52 F3
Elder User
Old 02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
Hi,

I appreciate all the replies here at the 48-60 site you guys are the best. I just got back from seeing my friend at the hospital and he's not too good today, I took him some car mags I had and a Hemmings and we talked for a while. He has been diagnosed as stage 4 so its no too good but hopefully he will get out soon.

Thanks again.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:11 PM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
I posted this back in February, so with a heavy heart I'll update it. My good friend passed away two weeks ago at the age of 59. He was the PO of my 52. He was a good man, husband and friend. He was a car lover and had a 56 MGA and the 29AA Dump. He served his country on the battleship New Jersey in Viet Nam. He is now at rest and I am a better person for knowing him.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
1955effie
Senior User
Sorry to hear the news about his passing ,I know what your going though your in my thoughts in this sad time .

Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Glockem45
Elder User
Thumbs up

Sorry to hear that Dennis. Maybe you can build that 29 in his honor?