1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with my power windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
murphym84
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help with my power windows

I put a new stereo in my truck the other day and put new speakers in the front door and my window on the passenger side would not work. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with it today and checking plugs and seeing if I had power to the motor and switch. I have power to the motor and switch and all I can get it to do is go down but not up. The window will only go down with the passenger side switch and not the drivers side. I checked fuses and the relay and can't figure out what is wrong but now I need to get my window rolled back up. I have a 99 f-250 crew cab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Ford really likes the 5 wire reverse polarity switches. The are a pain to work with half of the time though, but the good side is, if one wire is cut, it doesn't work at all. Moving in only one direction means the switches output is power and ground for the direction it works. And either no ground or no power in the opposite direction.

Try a switch from the rear doors, I suspect you have a bad contact inside it.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
murphym84
Senior User
Originally Posted by ReAX
Ford really likes the 5 wire reverse polarity switches. The are a pain to work with half of the time though, but the good side is, if one wire is cut, it doesn't work at all. Moving in only one direction means the switches output is power and ground for the direction it works. And either no ground or no power in the opposite direction.

Try a switch from the rear doors, I suspect you have a bad contact inside it.
Thanks for the tip! I got the problem worked out with another tip someone gave me in the powerstroke forum. Broken wire inside the door loom. Thanks again.