3.2L Power Stroke The 5 cylinder 3.2 Power Stroke engine fitted to the 2014+ Ford Transit, and new Ford Ranger. Called the 3.2L Duratorq TDCi

2012 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok people, listen up. Relax..........relaxed? Ok. Deep breaths. What I am about to say is important. This is a PROTOTYPE, the actual production truck will have almost zero similarities to this. The prototype is out to test the ever important equipment. I mean seriously, do you think Ford/Mazda would allow a truck with body gaps larger than Letterman's smile?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 PM
spottedsquirl
Freshman User
Well, my quarter's worth here. I do agree if Ford is planning on keeping some similarities, I think it that thing will still be ugly. Although, everyone is complaining of it's looks , I think the Ford engineers are laughing their tails off cause hardly anyone notices it's functionality. I do mean that very small bed that wouldnt accommodate my ex-girlfriends large hiney. I have a '94 Ranger and I have made a custom perch to park the front tires of my Grizzly 660 on so I can close the tailgate . I hardly get any laughs do to functionality but I did receive a few jokes from my friends... "looks like a monkey humping a football". So, I tend to look at what I would be able to use it for and I won't ever buy any other truck unless I can fit my atv in the bed. I dont understand why Ford even bothered putting a bed on it in the first place. I dont see the practicallity of having a 4' bed or may even be shorter. I do like the idea of getting more room for passengers. Oh, and I do hope they put some good looking hubcaps on those awful black rims or even offer white letter tires as an option for it to stand out...LOL!!! Cheers and I hope to see improvements other than than the powertrain on the new design.

How about lengthing the bed and slapping some daullies under it? That would be sweet to see a midsized production dually.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Supposibly the new redesign is out in New Zealand and its still very ugly.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
I'd love to see a mid-sizer and a compact model debut together. Around here, the Taco and the Dakota are eating fleet sales.

Tim

Old 07-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Ranger1F150
Senior User
My $0.02

Thats the replacment euro ranger. Not the USA version. For many years now they have had a South America and Euro Ranger that is very simular to whats in the photos, but it never came to the states. We only got the old version of the ranger and the sport trac here. I sort of expect the same.

If they make the F100, and its about the same size as a taco or durango will they need a ranger ? I sort of have my doubts.

I have heard rumors that they may bring the aussie falcon ute here and call it a ranchero. I think that would work. Plus if they have a car based truck in the line up with some 4 bangers and V6's that get some really good milage it will help out the cafe numbers.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
valdor
Senior User
Read that the new Ranger will be a "world truck" i guess meaning beieng built the same everywhere and that US get a 1.6l ecoboost i4 (as base?) and rest of us will get the familliar diesels. Also that the flexes 3.5 mite be replacing the 4.0 V6. Any new rumours abt the F100? I'd love to have a midsizer

Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 AM
bnr32_coupe
New User
Originally Posted by Ranger1F150
My $0.02

Thats the replacment euro ranger. Not the USA version. For many years now they have had a South America and Euro Ranger that is very simular to whats in the photos, but it never came to the states. We only got the old version of the ranger and the sport trac here. I sort of expect the same.

If they make the F100, and its about the same size as a taco or durango will they need a ranger ? I sort of have my doubts.

I have heard rumors that they may bring the aussie falcon ute here and call it a ranchero. I think that would work. Plus if they have a car based truck in the line up with some 4 bangers and V6's that get some really good milage it will help out the cafe numbers.
thank goodness its only the euro spec! definitely not north american taste...

Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ranger1F150
My $0.02

The Falcon Ute rumor doesn't surprise me. Ford is really thinking about bringing the full-sized Falcon Stateside, especially with the new news that the next Taurus will be basically a larger Fusion (built on the same platform), which is what GM is doing with the Malibu and the Impala in 2013 when the new Impala comes out.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
valdor
Senior User
At this point the Falcon ute/Ranchero is only avalable in an 4.0 i6 which i love big time and the monster 5.4 V8. Wonder if they'd consider a diesel for it.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Supercrewzin01
Senior User
Guys I have a feeling that this is just a mule truck, not what the Ranger will end up looking like.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Supercrewzin01
Guys I have a feeling that this is just a mule truck, not what the Ranger will end up looking like.
That's what I've been saying. Think about it, if the current Explorer mule was the actual upcoming model....there would be a serious problem. The truck will probably look similar to the Thailand concept.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:10 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Heres the pickuptruck.com article.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/05...ll-pickup.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/05...rd-ranger.html

Suggests the truck will make it to the US but is speculation. Ford might be trying to save money and standardize with a "Global" truck. Guess we will see.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM
valdor
Senior User
Thanks for link, I dnt like the "japanese" car like look the current mule suggests but like the idea that it may be a somewhat larger truck

Old 08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
voltson
Senior User
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Lone Wolff
Cross-Country
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by voltson
They can call that 'new', but it still looks like the old Explorer SportTrac to me.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ranger