whts the best wat to

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:49 PM
tboss619
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whts the best wat to

I have an intermintent skip in my 1994 e-350 460 engine I have new plugs , plug wires new dist and rotor buton Im thinkinging now it might be a sticking vlv as I have tested all the other components such as egr vlv etc, Wht is the best way to treat the engine to try to loosen the vlv. This is in a motor home and it sits more than its run..help will be apprec. tks terry PS I tested the fuel press. it is 40lbs and holds for 20 mins after I turn the engine off. the fuel flow is fine the timing is dead on the money

Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Kiwi Petrol Head
Freshman User
as per a few posts ago -
On Fire
a great description on diagnosing with a vacuum gauge.

Good Luck

Old 05-27-2009, 05:18 PM
tboss619
Junior User
sorry kiwi I left that part out but I did a vac. test using the extra port on the back of the intake mani. and it read 22--15 steady until it skipped and then the needle wld drop abt one pd on the gauge and then rite back to normal ,, the rev up to idle was fine on the gauge...

Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Kiwi Petrol Head
Freshman User
When is it occurring? under load, cold, hot, at slow cruise, open road speed or only at idle? i would be checking all of the basics first before digging too much deeper. comp test, plug firing voltages on a scope, have a very close look for intermittent tracking. is the ecm throwing out any fault codes? i've seen all sorts including a dried rat intermittently shorting a O2 sensor... it could even be a sticking injector...