Notices

New Sound system

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Balog27
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Sound system

im looking at buying a new sound system on saturday, but i jsut come across a problem... i got a 2008 f-150 sport fx2 last august, and getting a alpine dash, 2 sets of boston acustic speakers, i forgot what kind of amp, and a 10inch JL audio sub that is reduced in the length so it can fit. ( it is i think a JL 10W1). I am putting the sub under my seat in a special f-150 box.i dont have much space in my truck for a sub, so my question is with the small space that i have in my truck, will 1 10 inch JL audio sub enough for a legit sound system and to hit hard?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
It depends on what you consider hit hard. I don't like the window rattling power, just enough to hear the lower freq's at a comfortable volume is great.

Now that said, your shooting low freq sound up through the seat which will muffle it down some. It's not going to sound like a 15" speaker with thousands of watts of power, but if you provide enough power, it will fill out the lower frequencies. It's a subjective call and your not going to know until you try it or listen to a similar setup.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:18 PM
fcfanatic
New User
Hi, I always say when it comes to ice. Its all down to the amp. I have seen peeps who have huge subs with pathetic amps. A 10 inch sub fully pushed will out perform a 17 inch sub running at 25%. check out your [url=http://www.thecarconnection.com/make/ford]Ford model/url] here to get the best out of your space.

Let us know what amp you got. Would like to get some feedback on how it fills the space in your motor.