Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Chapter May bs/chat all welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
wax by hand?

since i've never done it, i can only comment that it looks tough lol. . .

closed up the garage early. . .got my donner tranny torn down and got my old outboard started up and starting to clean it up
yup....

its a workout for sure... people also use to buff by hand too.. tried to once.. gave up and used the buffer... now my buffers broke.. so i dont even bother to try.. just waxin... theres pics of the truck done here in the va chapter.. and 2 shots of the clay bar from doing the stang... friends got the other pics of the stang since she has the better camera...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 AM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, hope everyone had a great weekend. Been hiding down in Richmond watchin the race, drinkin some brew, the usual. Hows everyone elses weekend... seemed kinda quiet in here yesterday... WAKE UP!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
mine was great till sunday... washed and waxed dads truck.. and moms car... but nature decided to be evil... i was halfway done waxing moms car.. had just completely waxed the passenger side when the clouds opened up and dumped rain all down the back half of it.. front half was under the tent i was using to keep the sun off the car... once it stopped i re-dried the car and finished waxing..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
well it was a busy weekend...it took 3 advil and half of sunday for me to be really awake...and then i fell asleep before 10 pm last night i was sooo worn out! but my truck has her 6637 now. so life is good

Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
6637? whats that...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
oh sorry...forgot yall dont speak diesel over here lol!! very popular intake mod on the psd's she still needs a new dp/turbo back exhaust to really breathe, but hey, one step at a time, right?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
dam kids and their fancy "Diesel Lingo"

as long as it's something really cool

Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Katie, have you ridden in a truck with a DP yet.... prepare for you jaw to drop... I've ran 4 different chips before the DP, and wowwwwwwww thas all I can say

Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 AM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
dam kids and their fancy "Diesel Lingo"

as long as it's something really cool
oh shut up lol...u ain't old enough to call me "kid" :P

and it's very cool...better when i get a custom pre-filter cover for her

Originally Posted by STROKIN'IT7.3
Katie, have you ridden in a truck with a DP yet.... prepare for you jaw to drop... I've ran 4 different chips before the DP, and wowwwwwwww thas all I can say
no...been in one with a superchip and that's it. that comment in ref to exhaust was actually meant to be "downpipe" but a chip is down on The List too

Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 AM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
oh shut up lol...u ain't old enough to call me "kid" :P

and it's very cool...better when i get a custom pre-filter cover for her

no...been in one with a superchip and that's it. that comment in ref to exhaust was actually meant to be "downpipe" but a chip is down on The List too
Ahhhh gotcha, took me a minute there. Superchip is garbage compared to the DP.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
hey will...

ive always wondered.. are bully dogs really worth it? or they just all hype like the others? their one of the "top" tuners i hear people recomending for the diesels...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning all. I wanting to ride in a tuner modded diesel myself. Don't have the money to do mine, and I'd want to stud the heads first if I did, especially with the 6.0.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Shawn: Bully Dog is ok at best. The problem with BullyDog is that they are called "off the shelf programmers" in that they are custom to each persons truck. They have generic fuel curves and timing and shift points that aren't tailored to each specific truck. Something like DP, Tony Wildman or PHP are tuned specifically for the supporting mods you have done, trans type, and overall truck condition. Lets say i put a shift kit in my truck. If I run a Bully Dog, the chip is not tuned to run that shift kit, making the shifts almost neckbreaking (experience here trust me). As for the DP I run, Jody tunes the transmission to not break anything while still allowing me to run the shift kit safely.

When it comes down to it, I wouldn't recommend ANY of the generic tuners (i've had a superchip, two different Bully Dogs, and a TS) and all honestly don't compare to my DP. The more they market, the more they are likely to be crap. Hope this helps

Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by STROKIN'IT7.3
Ahhhh gotcha, took me a minute there. Superchip is garbage compared to the DP.
don't tell my buddy joe that! his truck is pretty hot...and having been in it when he had her haulin a** (and i shouldn't say exactly HOW fast...)...don't work half-bad

Originally Posted by Sparky83
ive always wondered.. are bully dogs really worth it? or they just all hype like the others? their one of the "top" tuners i hear people recomending for the diesels...
really? the nearly universal opinion over on the obs psd forum is run the other way...can't speak for the other diesels tho

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
especially with the 6.0.
AHHHHH! lol, j/k!! how's it workin for ya? i've heard a lot of caveats re: 6.0...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
don't tell my buddy joe that! his truck is pretty hot...and having been in it when he had her haulin a** (and i shouldn't say exactly HOW fast...)...don't work half-bad

really? the nearly universal opinion over on the obs psd forum is run the other way...can't speak for the other diesels tho

AHHHHH! lol, j/k!! how's it workin for ya? i've heard a lot of caveats re: 6.0...
lol waittttt til you see a Tipton tuned truck... I promise you its a night and day difference I ran a superchip.

Quick Reply: Virginia Chapter May bs/chat all welcome!