Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Insurance

I just got my renewal for the '76. The premium went up 16%. NO additional coverage no explaination. No foreplay not even a kiss just a thorough screwing by the insurance company.

I pay a couple of hundred bucks a year for coverage on my '48 that's valued at least 6 times what the '76 is worth. Yet my these guys just keep jackin the price to make up for bad investments they made with everyones premiums and then they will post record earnings again! I imagine they'll ask me to get a safety inspection soon. All a master plan to get old cars and trucks off the road!
It all put's me in a Joe Pesci kinda mood! Where's my pen......

Frank

Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Frank, is your truck insured as primary vehicle? Mine is 3rd vehicle, and so is cheap. I also have an excellent agent who knows who I am whenever I call, and does a good job finding the best rates for me.

But I hear ya on getting screwed on mandatory costs. They may as well call it a tax instead of insurance!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My insurance company is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by fp_5
I just got my renewal for the '76. The premium went up 16%. NO additional coverage no explaination. No foreplay not even a kiss just a thorough screwing by the insurance company.

I pay a couple of hundred bucks a year for coverage on my '48 that's valued at least 6 times what the '76 is worth. Yet my these guys just keep jackin the price to make up for bad investments they made with everyones premiums and then they will post record earnings again! I imagine they'll ask me to get a safety inspection soon. All a master plan to get old cars and trucks off the road!
It all put's me in a Joe Pesci kinda mood! Where's my pen......

Frank

If the current underwriter of my policy decides they want raise my rates my broker automatically shops me another underwriter at the same or reduced premium or as close as they can get to the first one.

Plus I can insure any vehicle over the phone just by telling them the make model and year(they already know 70's Ford Truck or other LOL) just to get it home with sellers plates or 10 permit.

Then a couple of days later a visit to the office to pick up the insurance slip and paper work.

Rick.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would leave my company but then I would have to get an appraisal and a safety inspection. It's cheaper to stay put.
I was just wondering if any one else was seeing this level of increase. The '76 is my only driver. I had liability only on the Falcon but then they wanted a safety inspection before renewal so I didn't bother.
The '48 is insured with the "silver wheel" plan specifically for classic cars/truck. There are restrictions, like no driving to work, but very affordable because they realize the car nuts take every precaution to protect their pride and joy.

Frank

Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM
NiTeRiDeR
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my ambulance insured through a guy out in Mississauga (he lives in Markham though, and will meet you there to do business, we set up my policy at a timmies).

Anyway, he really works hard to get you the best rate he can... his name is Gary Chin and he is a broker with Nacora: NACORA. He helped me out a lot getting the ambulance insured when everyone else was telling me no.

Try him out.

Here's his contact info:
5800 Hurontario St, Suite 1000
Mississauga, Ontario
L5R 4B6

Tel. 905 940 8585
Fax. 905 940 8585