1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Taking the first steps on the project...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:56 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taking the first steps on the project...

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Yesterday my son and I took the first steps to starting one of my '53 projects.

As some of you may recall, one of my '53 projects is to put one of my '53 cabs and bed on a '99 Explorer 4WD rolling chassis. We stripped everything off the '99 Explorer. The floor pan and firewall with the front inner fender panels is all that is left on the rolling chassis.

Plans are to graft the cab onto the Explorer's floor pan and firewall. It looks as though I will be able to keep all the heat and AC in tact and the complete Explorer dash is a really nice fit in the '53 cab. Of course fitting the 351W and manual tranny with transfer case in the Explorer chassis will be a brain teaser. I need to find a clutch pedal and linkage from a Ranger or Explorer Sport. A soon to happen Pull-A- Part mission may turn up what I need.

In a week or so I will start posting project progress pics on my '53 website, www.Darkside53.info . Stay tuned for more details.

Later Folks...