6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New Banks 6.4L Tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
powerstroker27
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by caprang
The key is all about warranty....

But what makes you think that banks won't leave a footprint? Even with a simple fueling box on the 6.0's a ford tech could detect it if he looked deep enough and thats with the older electronics that weren't designed with a specific goal to detect if they had been tampered with.

Yes, i bet if a ford tech/engineer looked deep enough in the computer for any signs of tampering then they would find both the spatan/sct tuners and this new devise from Banks.

So yes, the key is about the warranty, as in wether or not you are willing to risk it and pay the price if you get caught. And your taking the same risk with any tuner, and in some cases even just an intake. So why not get the best product for your money if your already taking that risk?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powerstroker27
But what makes you think that banks won't leave a footprint?
I have no knowledge that it will or will not leave a foot print. The point I was trying to make is that SCT and Spartan offer better products in my opinion so the only advantage Banks would have is IF it doesnt leave a foot print, thus voiding the warranty. If they all leave a footprint then Banks doesnt have any competitive advantage. Just my 2 cents from what I have read. I dont have a tuner so I cant speak from experience.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
astamp78
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point I was trying to make is that SCT and Spartan offer better products
More powerful obviously, but I haven't seen anything to say they are actually better in the way of quality or anything like that. It has been my experience that you pay a premium for the level of testing and research that Banks does and the physical quality of their components. If you are in the market for the absolute most horsepower/torque possible then Banks is not the solution.

I talked to Banks about the footprint. The banks unit is NOT a tuner, it does not flash or reprogram the ECM in any way. Once it is removed, there is no trace of it in the computer at all.

Also, as far as quality of product goes, this is interesting. http://assets.bankspower.com/prod_in...eanTune_ad.jpg

Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cut and paste-08 6.4 workshop manual master dtc list

I have no knowledge that it will or will not leave a foot print.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>P167F</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Non-OEM Calibration Detected</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>TCM</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The dtc exists, its there if we want to go after it. Does your tuner leave a footprint? How much is your warranty worth?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
jimd1050
Worry later? IT IS LATER!
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I did it...

Mine's ordered... should be here the end of next week. I'll pipe in after it's installed and tested! My truck just turned 3000 miles so I'm willing to go out on a limb... more later!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:05 AM
astamp78
Senior User
Can't wait to get mine installed as well. I'll report back as well on MPG and how it runs.

I leased this truck, but I am taking care of it like I own it as I will probably buy it at the end. Unless they have something just unbelievably better out....
However it would be nice to get this one paid for and not have a payment for a while.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
astamp78
Senior User
My Banks Tuner shipped yesterday, should have it early nest week!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 AM
jlalanas
More Turbo
For those that have ordered, did you opt for the package with the PDA or just the stock package?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
astamp78
Senior User
I did just the stock package, I don't have a PDA to use with it. (I don't think the PDA version actually comes with a PDA, that is separate if I heard correctly when I talked to Banks)

Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
jlalanas
More Turbo
Oh, i thought the reason the pkg with the PDA was $600 more because it did come with the PDA. I thought that was a bit much for some software and was is essentially a palm pilot. Was curious if anyone went that route. So do you get any monitoring gauges with the stock package???

Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
i think you can order the pda later if you want to. curious how this will perform.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
msgtcook
Junior User
Guys, Waiting for your reports..............

Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM
astamp78
Senior User
They JUST shipped. Patience!!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
msgtcook
Junior User
Ok....Patience.....

Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
sammydiesel
Junior User
Originally Posted by astamp78
I had a Banks setup on my old 2002 and ran around on stage 4 all the time, never had a bit of problems. The new setup for the 6.4 they are coming out with (if I understood the guy I talked to correctly) reduces power during shifts but cleans up the shifts a lot compared to stock.

Plus, as many familiar with Banks will tell you, they will not release a product until it is fully tested, so I am not worried a bit about using it. It has been beta tested on a fleet of trucks for over a year.
That's funny.Banks must not test as much as they say. I put a freakin 6 gun on my 02 and when i got on the gas the engine light came on 100% of the time. Called banks and they said that something was wrong with my truck. So I took it to my Diesel tech and he found a code and replaced the part twice!!!! Sorry I forgot the part, I wanna say a pcm or something. Happened back in 04 or so. Obviously the part didn't fix it. Called banks and they admitted it had been a problem. So gail can kiss my hole!!!! Sorry dude you touched a nerve there.

Quick Reply: New Banks 6.4L Tuner!