Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

The REAL DEAL Ohio March B/S Madness session

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's a real bummer Brian. Was the tranny in an enclosed box? Stuff happens, but what sucks is you both loose. Did you have insurance on it?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes it was boxed I don't know if it was insured i basicly shipped it the way he told me to. i HOPE THEY FIND IT 16 INCH X36 INCH long and a box 20x20 x12 inch tall

Old 03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Not sure how they do insurance now days. We deal with trucks on a daily basis here at work, but I'm not familiar with it. Sometimes they default to $100(or something like that), but not sure.

Call and have them track it to it's last destination. Hopefully it doesn't end up at some depot in BFE! With some luck, they will find it sitting on the floor at some transfer point. If I recall, the driver is responsible for his trailer, so if something is missing(lost or delivered to wrong place) he should have some record of it. Keep after it.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Brian.

I got the hitch off my '67 tonight. Gunno get the slider out this weekend. Will be ready for you about anytime.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:14 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Great do you want to do it this weekend or next weekend? i'm open Sat. morning or Sunday Also a reminder Ford swap this weekend.On tranny tracking no. says its still in Copley I called two weeks ago and talked to a lady who was looking into it she figured it was in Cali. just not checked in then she called back later that day and said she was emailing Copley to see if it was still there. never heard anything else till the guy in Cali. informed me that they lost it.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Haven't decided on Columbus or not? Weather calling for rain Sat, so not sure if I want to walk around down there?

Sunday is always pretty good, should be home, should be working on Tbird anyway(hopefully). I just need to get my tarp out so I can cover the cab up when I get the window out. If you want to plan on Sunday, that's good for now.

Sounds like they didn't load it in Copley, but driver got the paperwork for it? Hopefully it's sitting in a corner somewhere in Copley, and not on another trailer in BFE. If it got on other trailer, then who knows where it could be. Then it might take months for it to get "found".

Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
I'm in same boat as you not sure of Columbus or not. Saturday going to Benny hannas for daughters 21 st birthday cann't be late for that. I'm not in a hurry for window or hitch if you want to leave it till your done stripping out the truck that would be fine.what you have for a seat im looking for a 92-96 with the arm rest.driverside headlight bucket,trim around same headlight and bumpers

Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

I have S-10 buckets in it, got rid of bench way back.

Bumpers are very usable, though faded. No damage if you wanted to re-chrome.

I have someone interested in the headlight bezels. If that falls through, you're next in line.

It's all going to start getting stripped down, so not a problem when. I was out there last night pulling things off. Won't take 2 minutes to push the window out. Need to get the front sheetmetal ripped off so I can get to engine. Nothing much holding it together so don't have to worry about too many bolts.

As of last night............just before the work began.
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=SDC10139.jpg

Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Larry that truck looks about the same shape as mine!!!!!!If this weekend is good for you i'm good to mornings Sat or Sun my mornings are 10 ish.Need directions or address to get out to you or could meet some where Summit is about 25 min. from my house if it helps.On bumpers I called Keystone plating and they said about $4OO.PER bumper so i'll go to Blue oval or Autocrafters for them.Seats i have a set of 99 Cavaler seats in the attic.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
is this site really running slow to anyone elseor is it my p.c?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Will good news I went on Roadways tracking and it shows the trans on a trailer going to San Bern. Cali.so i'd say they found it.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

This site is ridiculously slow anymore. Takes forever to refresh from any page. It's worse at work as our DSL is down to about dial up speed anymore. At home it's just a bit better, though still slow.

Most platers will quote you "show chrome" which is alot better then the stuff you'll get for new $99 bumpers at most resto places. The shine just isn't the same, as they don't do the triple chrome(no nickel), so there is no depth.

My '67 don't look hateful from afar, though it's getting really bad and worse underneath.

Glad to hear they found your tranny and hopefully it makes it to it's new home.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
freightrain i'll call you in the morning to set you a time if its ok with you

Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well, good to see ya again Brian. Had a good b/s session going Sunday morning, until the g/f showed up and we had to leave to go buy her a new Jeep(finally). Been a 2+ yr ordeal of finally getting her to sign on the dotted line. '09 Liberty Sport, Sunburst Orange with SUNROOF! Hopefully pick it up tonight.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
enjoyed it also Larry.When I got home looked at my bottom chrome and wondered what you want for yours mine is kind of beat. Is that the canvas roof that opens up huge.

Quick Reply: The REAL DEAL Ohio March B/S Madness session