Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Ky's Febuary BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ky's Febuary BS thread

Trying to breathe a little life into the chapter. What is going on with everyone? Not much here, just thawing out. I just got my Ranger unstuck from its parking spot of the past few days. The superbowl starts in a couple of hours, guess I will go make a dish to eat while my wife and I watch it. What are your all's plans or goings on?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just gonna sit at home watch the game (GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and drink some beer.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:36 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Well the game was good, too bad the steelers won.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Bluehawk
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to move my daughter on Saturday, now just dealing with all the ice left over from the storm last week.

Bluehawk

Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
whjco
Elder User
We had a bunch of folks from church that got together to watch the Super Bowl. We had a lot of fun. I ran my Excursion through the car wash today because it looked like a salt brick with tires.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No self respecting COWBOYS fan would like the Steelers. I don't dare wash my Bronco, if I did the rust would fall off and I wouldn't have a truck no more.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
well it is snowing again. Time to go pick up the wife from work.. means time to play in it.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
whjco
Elder User
Same here. I picked my wife up from work at UK in the snow today. I had to take a couple of detours due to traffic accidents. I had the Ex in 4wd most of the way and never spun a tire.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Bluehawk
More Turbo
I love when it snows, just hate dealing with the other idiots who think that just because they have a 4wd, they can do anything, Highway Superman. I lock mine in 4 hi, and the truck tracks great, goes anywhere, will do anything, except stop that is. And of course then you have the rest in the regular cars who are only taught how to drive on dry road, and never realized that snow and ice mean that their car won't handle like is usually does as they zip in and out of traffic, tailgating everyone. Did have a guy riding my bumper the other day though. I had a large piece of ice break loose on the roof of my truck and watched in the mirror as it landed on his windshield. Would have liked to have heard that exclamation.

Bluehawk

Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
or better yet what about the idiots who wait till they are 50 ft from the exit and then decide they have to go across 3 lanes of highway to take the exit. sheeesh

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM
whjco
Elder User
Most of the folks here in Lexington have slowed down and are driving pretty cautiously. Of course, there's always that 1 in 30 idiot that's got to drive aggressively and act like a real jerk. I just try to give them room.

I'm having to use 4x4 to get off of my street but the main traffic arteries are in pretty good shape here.

I drove my wife to work this morning. It was -2 this morning and I forgot to plug my Excursion in but it started right up and was putting out heat after idling for 10 minutes. I tried to start my tractor but the choke cable was frozen and I couldn't choke it. I'll wait until this afternoon and give it a little touch of hair dryer.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Nothing to report from me, just working. Thought I was going to have to walk the last 1/4 mile to the house the other night because of the hill I have to go up, and of course the snow, but there were some kids outside playing on their quads. I flagged one down and got him to give me a ride home.
Headed to Evansville, IN in the morning for a job, then Kentuckiana Mack in Jeffersonville, IN tomorrow afternoon. A lot of miles, but a good payday.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Just got back from taking my sis-n-laws up to Perfect north for some skiing, they had a blast. I just stayed in the lodge and froze my cojones off.

Wife and I have another appointment in the morning for the next ultrasound. I can't wait to see the development in the past month!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 AM
baslerxlt
Junior User
nothing exciting on this end either, work six days a week, never had any problem in the snow yet, been doin some snow drifting in the empty parking lot at work when i get here early, ha, for the northern ky people have you seen a new superduty around here thats jacked up pretty high with big rims id say about 22 or up and mud tires. black in color with i'd say orange outlines? idk but the truck is nice as hell its a powerstroke too,

Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
whjco
Elder User
We took a 1947 Massey-Harris and our 1950 Oliver 88 Row Crop tractors on a ride to Avon and back. Kinda silly but we had a ball!

Quick Reply: Ky's Febuary BS thread