Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Lightning VS Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 02:51 PM
knocturnal
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning VS Dakota

>Wow, someone's panties are in a bunch defending mighty
>mopar, huh? Hey, the 5.9 is NOT standard equiptment in a
>Dakota, I am not sure of the Durango. I already explained
>it is an extra option. Just like Ford's Triton 5.4L is not
>standard equipment. No, it's not a special engine or
>anything, but you can't go to Dodge, say you want a base
>model Dakota, and get a V8 in it.
yah yah blah blah say what you want homo.. its not like im all for dodges i love my ford.. hell i could never get rid of it. im just sayin some dude said that durangos dont come with 5.9s or dakotas get them only in the rt well that isnt true. any v8 isnt standard equip. on a STANDARD truck.. ford offers the 4.2 dodge offers the 3.7 <now> and chevy has the 4.3 all v8s are optional except the 360 on a base model dak only offers the 4.7 but get into the slt range and now you can speak 360. and what you said about fords v8s are true. 4.6 is the optional engine on xl trucks. i really dont care for new fords im only interested in the super duties. which i also am a proud owner of ill see what else you have to bitch about. i dont know it all but i sure as hell know enough.

Old 11-10-2002, 04:53 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
Lightning VS Dakota

homo? b****? you don't know it all but you know enough? you don't deserve to drive a Ford my friend. you don't know anything about me, so don't go yapping your mouth about what you think I may or may not be, which I'm not. you sure don't sound to know very much. i'm through with this, sorry you all had to read this trash.

ryan

Old 11-10-2002, 06:26 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Lightning VS Dakota

knocturnal,

I suggest you read the posting guidelines you agreed to when registering:

www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html

Further name calling will result in loss of posting privileges.

Old 11-11-2002, 06:44 PM
knocturnal
Senior User
Lightning VS Dakota

hey ryan buddy ol pal i wasnt startin wit you or insisting anything, all these things you are coming up with on your own. i beleve you started with me when you told me my "panties" are in a bunch. ha isnt that mature i shouldnt deserve to drive a ford huh??? hahahahahahaha what ever you say pal hey webmaster i think he should read the policy bull crap what ever your talkin about thing seeing how he started this mess and i only came to prove a point....... lataaaaa

Old 11-11-2002, 08:44 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
Lightning VS Dakota

"panties in a bunch" is a phrase, a common one at that, which many many people use to describe someone who seems to be lashing out because they had seemed to get themselves into a tight spot.

when you start throwing around swears and calling people things like you did, it's going a little beyond, and breaking the forum rules. i breachwed nothing in the forum guidelines, i didn't swear at anyone or start throwing names. if that's what you chose to do, then do it on another site. but i'm sure Ken could have told you that.

if you really feel i insulted you that much by saying you don't deserve to drive a Ford, if you feel i really insulted your obvious maturity level, then i am sorry. goodbye, 'pal'.

ryan

Old 11-12-2002, 02:40 PM
knocturnal
Senior User
Lightning VS Dakota

>"panties in a bunch" is a phrase, a common one at that,
>which many many people use to describe someone who seems to
>be lashing out because they had seemed to get themselves
>into a tight spot.
>
>when you start throwing around swears and calling people
>things like you did, it's going a little beyond, and
>breaking the forum rules. i breachwed nothing in the forum
>guidelines, i didn't swear at anyone or start throwing
>names. if that's what you chose to do, then do it on
>another site. but i'm sure Ken could have told you that.
>
>if you really feel i insulted you that much by saying you
>don't deserve to drive a Ford, if you feel i really insulted
>your obvious maturity level, then i am sorry. goodbye,
>'pal'.
>
>ryan

why would i feel in sulted.. i your nothing to me dude.. but i dont recall calling you any swears..... i called you a homo... andi said ill wait and see what else you have to bitch about... get it right ~pal~ later have fun coming up with false complaints

Old 11-12-2002, 05:49 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
Lightning VS Dakota

ok, i really think this is done. this thread was supposed to be about trucks, not about talking smack about one another. i don't know you, you don't know me, lay off. and i am done with this...if the topic gets back to what it was originally, i will be back.

Old 11-29-2002, 05:43 PM
theGman
Posting Guru
Lightning VS Dakota

For we who buy used trucks: We have both a 94 Lightning and 98 R/T Club Cab. The L is quicker, but the R/T is a club cab, and if you are over 6 feet tall that makes more difference than anything else.

I know this is comparing an early L with the R/T but, for what it's worth.

Paul

Old 12-21-2002, 05:32 PM
theGman
Posting Guru
Lightning VS Dakota

I've owned a 94'lightning that was on its last leg and i didnt have the money to replace the motor and trans at the same time so i traded it in, I seen this 98'dakota R/T with a cowl hood painted like a hemi cuda. Dodge has got the makings for a great performing truck,BUT,even though my r/t has good torque, the motor falls on its face while accellerating due to the fact that the 360 isnt a performance minded motor.In my opinion, it needs a better breathing top end on the motor, instead, its a good overall motor dodge can use in all types of vehicles without worry.The 94'lightning on the other hand was a truck that was meant to perform.With its 351,GT40 heads and intake,E4od trans with diesel truck internals, reinforced 8.8 rear with 4.10 gears and with a extra metal plate welded to over the axle on the frame to prevent fatigue. I could go on for a while. I try to explain about the R/T's poor motor design to others and if you go on a R/T site and just read about some of the set-ups they have on their trucks the 1320 times are pathetic in comparison to the Gen1 lightnings.R/T's with heads,cam,intake,throttle body,shift kits,superchargers with or without intercoolers and suspension work and these R/T guys are barely hitting the high 12's, MAYBE high 11's if you have enough change to swap in a 408 stroker.I know, i've studied all types of forums on my R/T and while there nice trucks, don't buy it for its performance.

Just some truth about the R/T from an owner of one.

Old 01-07-2003, 09:15 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Lightning VS Dakota

Old 01-14-2003, 08:50 PM
guido16
New User
Lightning VS Dakota

ok guys ima try an clear up all this talk about the 360. it is available in dakotas with either the r/t package or the quad cab and it can be ordered in any ram or durango out there. i got one in my regular cab dakota r/t and it runs strong but mostly in the lower revs. wit all this lightning vs. dakota stuff, i gotta say the lightning is definately a quick truck. i raced the newest model and lost but it really wasnt by all that much. if u r talking about stock vechicles, the lightning is the winner but if u r talking about speed per dollar the dakota easily wins. ive seen a regular cab r/t like mine wit a kenne bell blower that got better times 0-60 and 1/4 mile than a stock lightning and still the total cost of the truck wit the blower was under 26,000. way less than the 30 plus grand for a lightning. so if u wanna have the fastest 30 grand pickup, get an r/t and modify it. plus i gotta say, it looks a lot hotter, but thats jus my opinion.