Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmm... Beans..

The 14th is still good for us also.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Still good here, I will have Jackie make some mac n cheese. I don't think Mater will make it to this g2g, still no luck finding a pitman arm. I have one more place to look, I will call them tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
so... when and where is the GTG? Are we doing a cookout? Is there going to be beer?

jimbo

Old 03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well folks, bad news, no beans.
We got some seriously bad news this week. Donna's cancer has spread to her lungs and there are some other smaller tumors also. The oncologist decided that his plan of treatment wasn't working so he refered us to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston TX. I didn't think we would get an appointment this soon, but they called today to tell us to be there at 8:00AM Tuesday. Donna will have to be there for at least 2 weeks for evaluation and up to 8-10 weeks for treatment.
We're taking the RV and staying at a nearby park, so we will be comfy at least. There is free WiFi, so I'll still be online. I'll probably stay for the first 2 weeks but will have to come home to work after that. I'll keep everyone informed as we get more info.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Jeff our thoughts and prayers are with you both, if there is anything and I mean anything that we can do, just ask.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:10 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
My wife said that she would make her green bean & corn casserole ,Jean is going to make beans and potato salad. What about buns and stuff . Deke do you need any tables ?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Jeff, give Donna our best!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gramschm
Alright all.....I'm back from my trip to Vegas! The GTG will be on the 14th. I will plan on doing a BBQ, brisket, ribs, burgers, brats, and chicken. I will need everyone else to bring a side or a dessert to help out with. More details to follow when I get the chance.
What else? How are you fixed for drinks, plates, utensils, etc? Let us know.

Originally Posted by jimkidd
so... when and where is the GTG? Are we doing a cookout? Is there going to be beer?

jimbo
Deke's house. He hasn't posted directions yet....but a few of us have been there so if it comes to it we'll wagon train. I've never been to Deke's when there wasn't an adult refreshment in the fridge

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Well folks, bad news, no beans.
We got some seriously bad news this week. Donna's cancer has spread to her lungs and there are some other smaller tumors also. The oncologist decided that his plan of treatment wasn't working so he refered us to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston TX. I didn't think we would get an appointment this soon, but they called today to tell us to be there at 8:00AM Tuesday. Donna will have to be there for at least 2 weeks for evaluation and up to 8-10 weeks for treatment.
We're taking the RV and staying at a nearby park, so we will be comfy at least. There is free WiFi, so I'll still be online. I'll probably stay for the first 2 weeks but will have to come home to work after that. I'll keep everyone informed as we get more info.
Damn Jeff, that's bad...........Don't you dare let her give up. You keep fighting until this thing is licked!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
95Z71
Elder User
Jeff, too bad ya'll won't be at the G2G; have a safe trip to Houston and we wish you and Donna the best of luck.

About tehe G2G, i'll be bringing either a side dish or some sort of desert. Let me know if there is anything else needed.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well, we're here. But OMFG!!!! somebody please get this country boy outta here. We are set up about 40 miles from the hospital and have spent 3 1/2 hours in the truck today.
We saw the Dr and at least he'll talk to us and explain a few things. She is scheduled for scans and some other tests Thur. and will see the Dr again next Tue. so we really don't have any answers yet. I'll post more when I know more.
Everybody have a good time at the G2G and eat enough for us too

Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Jackie is wanting to know what time the g2g is going to start.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
gramschm
Junior User
All right!!! Sorry about not being able to get more info out but my home computer is on the fritz.........We are still on for this Saturday! Yes I have beer but I need some non adult drinks as well (coke, juice, etc), cups, plates, etc. I do need a couple tables and chairs. Once again I will provide all the BBQ, so what I need you all to do is look thru the posts and see what others are bringing and try not to duplicate it, I like beans but not 10 pots of it. I am thinking we should kick it off say around 1 pm, that should give those that have to drive a little ways plenty of time.

My add. is 421 STONE MOUNTAIN DRIVE, CONWAY AR 72032........501-827-1576

FROM VILONIA: Take Hwy 107 south, just past Otto take a right on FORTSON ROAD and follow it for approx. 2.1 miles. Take a right on JONES ROAD. follow JONES ROAD for approx 4 miles, the road will make a 90 degree turn to the left, straight for about a half mile, then it will do a 90 degree turn to the right. JONES ROAD will automatically put you on STONE MOUNTAIN ROAD! My driveway is 1/2 mile on the right side......

FROM CABOT: get to highway 107 from highway 89, take 107 north. Make a left turn on FORTSON ROAD then refer to above directions.

I know my address is "CONWAY" but am just about the farthest east you can get from Conway. Using Hwy 107 is the easiest. Just call if you need help.

Looking forward to the GTG, it should be a blast! I have a "little bit" of garage space if some wrenching needs to be done..................

Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
WOW. First time I've been here in a while and almost miss a get together (been away from God's country too long and home for GOOD). I don't check in here very often, but me and the wife would love to meet a bunch of Arky Ford lovers since we're pretty deep into Ford diesel performance. Technically I'm not a member of the Ark. Chapter since it never got approved, for whatever reason, but I'll try again. Let us know what we need to bring and we'll be glad to help.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, the chapter leader is standing right next to me. He says if you resubmit it will be approved.

I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Quick Reply: Third anniversary GTG!!