6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Half way done on EGR deletet & oil cooler rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Half way done on EGR deletet & oil cooler rebuild.

Well I thought I would update everyone on my project. Two days, 10 hours, 746 cuss words and I can't remember how many Coronas into my EGR & cooler delete/oil cooler rebuild and I'm at a stand still. I'm waiting for the delete kit to arrive before I can go any further. My oil temps were 20-25 degrees hotter than my ECT when I pulled my 5th wheel a few weeks ago so I figured I was on borrowed time hence the reason for my project.

Hardest part so far was dealing with the nuts and bolts on the Y pipe and down pipe to get the turbo off and also figuring out those clamps. The nuts and bolts broke free fairly easy after soaking with penetrating oil and letting it sit over night it was just getting the tools on them. Hopefully everything will go back togeather easier. The oil cooler rebuild is pretty straight forward, you just have to take your time and read the instructions. So I think since I have some down time I might take the intake in to be hot tanked and cleaned first thing tomarrow. I also ordered a coolant filter kit also in attempt to prevent a reoccuring problem.

This forum and all it's members have been invaluable in undertaking this project and there have been no suprises. I used to be a tech many years ago but I could not have done this project with out all the valuble posts by it's members. Now lets start counting Coronas again.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
ehgeeray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct the guys on this forum are VERY helpful. I couldn't have completed my project without their help.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great job. Keep us posted on your progress

Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Something to help the next time you want the down pipe off the turbo, loosen the clamp, crawl under the truck and give the down pipe a quick snap with your foot. Remember doing it right the first time is better than correcting mistakes you have no time for, have another Corona for good work.

Been thinking about doing almost the same thing to mine and adding a few goodies along the way.