Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 AM
New User

jlm1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Driveshaft Needed Badly Transfer Case To Front End

Hi All,

I hate to do this, but I just finished posting in the Wanted section of the classifieds and then I noticed the NJ Chapter section. I usually am not one to post something twice but I'm in a pickle.

I need your help. I have a '96 F250 with a 7.3 Power stroke, automatic, with 86,000 miles. I completly blow-out the front driveshaft from the transfer case to the front differential (and I don't mean the joints, the shaft itself basically self destructed). Can't work on it myself right now due to a whole lot of other obligations so I'm forced to take it to a local station. The part is no longer available from Ford. The guys are trying to find one but are having some problems. A used one would do ok and I'll just have the joints replaced. OR can someone tell me where I may go to have one made. I'd like for that to be my last resort. I'm located in Central NJ.

JLM1
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Post Fiend

350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future
you try them junk yards on texas rd in oldbridge/marlboro...

Mr driveshaft in farmingdale..rt524

If not maybe tom tjc has some info.

JOIN THE NEW JERSEY CHAPTER CLICK HERE

Old 01-10-2009, 01:15 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
where are you located, and where is the truck. i think i still have a front shaft out in the garage from a 350 that should work for ya.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
New User

jlm1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
350steve,

I haven't tried anyone yet myself except here. I know the guys at the station have been making some phone calls. The owner put the shaft in the trunk of his car to stop by some junk yard in PA.
I thought that this may be a better place to start.
-------------------------

TJC,

I'm located in Bridgewater, NJ.
Central Jersey next to Sommerville.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
ok, just up the road a bit. i will look for the 350 shaft tomorrow after the doctors.

it has a CV joint in it, and is actually better than the 250 shaft. the reason i did not use it in the 88 when i did the trans swap is cause the t-case adapter was 2 inches shorter than it should have been, and i did not want to wait for another one to come in from ford, so i used the short one and a single u-joint shaft i found in a junkyard that was 2 inches shorter.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter

Tags
case, driveshaft, end, ford, front, pickup, transfer