1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

gonna do the unthinkable

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gonna do the unthinkable

well i have come to the conclusion that i need to retire the 53 as it is becoming a pain . so i am going to take it out to my unks and park it to rust away ........... NOT . no i am going to let her sit whilst i get some things i have been putting off done . i have just been patching to keep her going . it's not working . time to do it right . so the unthinkable ? i am in need of transportation . i want another truck , and while i'd like to have that supercab one our members has in florida for 750 , i have to look locally . i found one , now you can throw stones .... a 75 chevy 3/4 ton , sitting out on my route , sbc 4 bbl , good tires , new brakes , and exhaust , not all eaten up , for 300 bucks . at that price i'll take some heat and swallow my pride and drive it . then of course sell it as soon as the 53 is roadworthy again ! oh yeah found yet another new toy of the future . late 60's meadow gold milk ford milk truck sitting out next to a barn in a lil' town . it's cool as hades .

Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
A person gotta do what a person gotta do. Its alot easier to have a daily commuter, and work on your pride & joy, than hope you can tear it down in two day's and be driving again come Monday. (The nickel & dime ya to death way isn't no fun)
I understand your situation...
Glad your focusing on want important.

Mitch

Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Anything that can be driven whatsoever goes for about $1500 around here. That sounds like a great deal! My main haulin' truck is an 88 Chev with 228k on it, I'd love to buy something newer, but just can't justify spending money on something newer and using it to haul gravel or trash.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Hey Kevin,
Like the man says, do what you gotta do. Just don't talk about the Cheby. Please refer to it as your other truck if necessary. Some of us are sensitive that way you know. As for the milk truck, that's different. Tell us all about it and post lots of pictures.

Later Man...

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
The up side is when your done with it you can sell and probably make afew $$.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
yep your all right as it is in good enough condition to make quite a bit more off it . but it'll serve the purpose for now and i can use it to haul all the misc. bull crap i've had too in the 53 like 4 loads of mulch , two pallets of concrete blocks and all the other assorted " domestic " duties . the 53 just isnt gonna be used as one too much anymore . to give you an idea of the weight i've carried in it , i had two fully dressed fe big blocks , a t-18 four speed , a c-6 automatic , the flahead six i sold bob , four spare wheels and tire , and a whole 'nother front clip stacked on and tied down . the pos gets to do that now and the real truck is gonna take it easy . dave this photo is the closest i can find of the body / front fenders and grille i can find of the year of the dairy truck . it has the bifold doors on both sides , and a big ol' honkin' dairy delivery body . i'd say its like an f-600 . gonna stop on the way into this town and see if he's home and maybe get some pics .Name:  1960-1969-ford-trucks-38.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  20.8 KB