Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

my slow but sure X buildup

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M.L.S.C.
Yes, wreath lights currently (if you have them), but not only - it was more of a general warning really, that in case you wanna add more lights in places where they usually don't belong you may wanna stay away from blue and red.

ahhhh i totally understand now.well thanks for the heads up.luckily i never got pulled over for it and i drove by a few cops.but again thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
a few more updates. i blacked out the front grille and the wheels.got some smittybuilt black steps thanks to kappysworld.blacked the gas cap as well.and started shaving off all the emblems. as you can see in the pics cuz they are primer.as for paint,i will be redoing it but i dont realy know exactly what scheme im going with

Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looking good....keep up the good work!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
thanks bradycouchman.lots and lots are going on it this month.17000lb hitch,on board air with bags and train horn,roof rack,new front bumper(custom) 5-8" lights, 3-6" lights,new paint,more lift,new wheels/tires,intake,tune,headers,window tint,etc. i figured i would help out the economy a bit

Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
jackrista
Senior User
is it a gasser or D?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
nghtrgr
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GR$$N$
thanks bradycouchman.lots and lots are going on it this month.17000lb hitch,on board air with bags and train horn,roof rack,new front bumper(custom) 5-8" lights, 3-6" lights,new paint,more lift,new wheels/tires,intake,tune,headers,window tint,etc. i figured i would help out the economy a bit
Did you win the lottery bro???....or are you single?? Looks/sounds like it is gonna be a kick *** Ex.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by jackrista
is it a gasser or D?
its a gasser unfortunately.i wish it was a diesel but hey,we cant get it all

Originally Posted by nghtrgr
Did you win the lottery bro???....or are you single?? Looks/sounds like it is gonna be a kick *** Ex.
thanks bud.and no i wish i won the lotta.i am single tho recently.and im only 20 and my lady was livin with me so now i dont have to pay her expenses so the trucks getting done

Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
got any pictures of the different items? or brand of rack or what the bumper will look like, the 5 lights on the rack? the three on the bumper?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
got any pictures of the different items? or brand of rack or what the bumper will look like, the 5 lights on the rack? the three on the bumper?
not yet.once they get here from the mail then i will get all of the pictures.as for the rack it will be custom built.12"s from the front and about 6" from the back so pretty much the whole roof.light setup will be set like a trophy truck on the top.as far as the front goes i have not fully decided on it yet but something more like a desert skid plate/front bumper setup.just ordered the 7" donahoe racing lift kit with all bilstein 5100 shocks and all new u bolts etc. as well as an onboard 8 gallon system with 200 psi comp(viair) and a set of train horns and air bags.also just got my new eckhart class 5 19,000lb hitch on this morning.will get pics of that.right now the viper remote start is getting installed as i type this.sry for the long post.o and also the lift that is on there now will be up for sale first thing next week so make offers.cheap

Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
you dont have a sun roof on that thing do you? might be kinda counter productive with a rack on top....sounds sweet though man1

Old 02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
you dont have a sun roof on that thing do you? might be kinda counter productive with a rack on top....sounds sweet though man1
no no sunroof.reason for it being so big is to have the light setup,fullsize spare,ice chest if i need it,high lift,etc and i didnt like the half rack ones so im makin one.o and also just ordered a tune from mike a few minutes ago.so now we wait for mr. ups man...

Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
i hate waiting for the UPS man...i am redoing all my aux wireing and am waiting for him too...

Old 02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
i hate waiting for the UPS man...i am redoing all my aux wireing and am waiting for him too...
i hate it cuz they dont come till sundown then you have to wait till the next day in order to install your part so your usually itching to install it and up at the crack of dawn.haha

Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
sesh1975
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey bud. Saw you today on the 118 freeway around 1:20pm. X looks good. Why is the rear so much lower then the front?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:20 AM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by sesh1975
Hey bud. Saw you today on the 118 freeway around 1:20pm. X looks good. Why is the rear so much lower then the front?
shoulda honked haha.i was comin from sun valley.scored on some new parts for my buddies rig and a few for mine.it sits like that cuz i dont like running blocks so the back isnt blocked and the rear suspension is just shot from towing so its got a major cali lean to it.saturday im getting new parts to fix it tho so pics should be up shortly after that.not sure yet tho since i may be buying my old truck back for half the price i sold it for

Quick Reply: my slow but sure X buildup