Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Still kickin'

Well, I'm still alive! I still have the old ford. She's sitt'n on some new wheels and tires now though. The old chrome ARE wheels were just rotten with rust, so I got some '96 F100 wheels with some 10.5X32/15 M&S truck tires. She rides SO much better now, and I get the revs down below 3grand at 65! haha. I'm a bit older now, but I promise I haven't aged any more than the rest of you since last time I was around. lol.

how's things been 'round here?

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Freshman User

MeanGreen66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So...with a 427 how fast is that big 68 truck!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Elder User

I can only WISH it was a 427, it's just a 360. Runs really well though. I can get it up to 75 MPH pretty easily. Much more than that, I'd be red lining it. With a C6 that skips second gear, it still gets up and goes pretty well.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 12-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Freshman User

MeanGreen66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
I can only WISH it was a 427, it's just a 360. Runs really well though. I can get it up to 75 MPH pretty easily. Much more than that, I'd be red lining it. With a C6 that skips second gear, it still gets up and goes pretty well.
Oh, I thought I read in your profile that it had a 427. My truck has a 428 with a C6...it hauls some pretty good butt!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Elder User

Oh, don't get me wrong, mine hauls, just not very quickly!! hahaha I'm not going to build a fast truck, but I do intend on having plenty of usable power. Currently my near sighted plans are to rebuild the front and rear suspension (bushings, repack the leafs, king pins, new brakes all around, and make everything as pretty as I can). Then possibly put a limited slip diff in the 9" housing if I can find one cheap enough. I may lower it when I rebuild it...haven't decided if I want to right now.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter