1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Hauled my last load

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 AM
DG65
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hauled my last load

It can amaze you the curve ***** life throws at you. You spend years building the life you think you want and then something happens or a series of events happen that makes you reprioritize what's really important.

About a year ago events started happening. A very sick granddaughter, wife finishing college (better late than never) and finding a job that has required relocating and a daughter having job/financial trouble.

At that time I would have never imagined I would be selling my 3 Mustangs, a 65 fastback, a 66 convertible and a 66 hardtop.
About 2 years ago I purchased an old farm truck, my 97, to fix up and pull the 5th wheel we were going to purchase from my parents. Well, last weekend the original owner confronted me begging for the opportunity to buy it back. This was a tough decision considering all the work I had put into it with help from this great forum, but considering the fact that there was no place to park an RV at the new house and the truck would be more of a liability than an asset at this point I decided to let him have it. I didn't break even but with all the money I made hauling stuff I ended up ahead financially. Plus, with the sale of the truck I was able to pay off my last bit of debt (except for my house) so that played a bit part, too.

I'd like to thank all those who fielded my stupid questions and hopefully someday I'll be back on with more stupid questions after life settles down a bit.

~Kyle

Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 AM
DG65
Senior User
I miss the ol' girl already.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:22 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Well, sometimes things just work out that way. The rest of your life is more important than your truck, and if it helped you out by selling, it still helped you out.
I dont think anyone on FTE minds answering questions. Good luck to you.
Oh, and just because you dont have a obs Powerstroke doesnt mean you cant stop by.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 PM
DG65
Senior User
Family first, eh?

I'm sure I'll be dropping in from time to time, but probably more as a lurker.

As I find time for my 75 I'll get more active there. Thought about letting that go, too, but hey... ya gotta have a truck! Besides, my father bought that one new and it would be a bit tougher to let go. But never say never I suppose!