2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP Warranty from FordDiscountWarranty.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ESP Warranty from FordDiscountWarranty.com

Has any one purchased a Ford ESP warranty from FordDiscountWarranty.com? They appear to be a sponsor of the site, or atleast, give a discount for FTE members.

I'm going to purchase a PremiumCARE warranty. The guy at FordDiscountWarranty quoted me 800.00 for a 6/60 warranty. They are out of MA and sell factory warranties for different manufactures. Volvo, Lexus, Kia, Porsche, SAAB, Ford and so on. They are associated with Greenfield Ford, out of Greenfield MA.

Long story short, my local dealer is quoting 1485 + tax for the warranty. Florida is regulated when it comes to warranties and that's why it's so high, or so says the dealer. I checked the espfromford.com site and you can not price an esp on-line when Florida is selected as the state. But in pricing other areas, GA, SC, MS, NE and CA, I found they are all lower then my dealer price. I called espfromford.com and their price is 100.00 high then the dealer.

I'm I missing something or is just because Florida is regulated the reason for the high cost? The dealer showed me this Ford pricing book and says that what they must charge. They laughed when I told them the quote I got from FordDiscountWarranty.com.

Do you have to purchase the warranty at price for where you live? Or is it possible to walk into a Ford dealer, say if I was on vacation in Colorado, and purchase a warranty there?

Any input would be helpful.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
ggwash21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was gonna buy from them but they wanted me to pay all at once and it was a big chunk of change. and my dealer offered the 17month payment plan. they give you a discount by paying all up front you also have to pay for the inspection for your truck also.... if you dont have the ESP i would recommend it..

Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
FordDiscountWarranty.com never mentioned an inspection. The truck still under the original 3/36 warranty. I would need to pay the 800 up front and provide a mileage certificate (I just picked the truck up today from dealer so the service work order takes care of the mileage cert).

Other than that, they need a proof of ownership, something with a VIN. Insurance card, registration, or title.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
enggass
Freshman User
That 6/60 is from the time the truck was brand new... correct? Not in addition to the 3/36...

Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
kd4crs
Senior User
When I purchased an ESP for my 04 F150 I got the best price from Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP If you provide them your email address during the online quote they send you an additional discount code in case you decide to buy from them. They even helped me cancel the ESP and get my refund when I traded the 04 in for my 06. Good folks to deal with.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
kd4crs
Senior User
Originally Posted by enggass
That 6/60 is from the time the truck was brand new... correct? Not in addition to the 3/36...
Correct. It starts from the date and mileage that the truck was put in service. The 3/36 is the complete bumper to bumper warranty and the 6/60 is the powertrain warranty.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kd4crs
When I purchased an ESP for my 04 F150 I got the best price from Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP If you provide them your email address during the online quote they send you an additional discount code in case you decide to buy from them. They even helped me cancel the ESP and get my refund when I traded the 04 in for my 06. Good folks to deal with.
Thanks for the info! I checked the site and with the discount it's still 120.00 more than the quote from FordDiscountWarranty.

But it does confirm I can purchase an ESP Ford warranty from some one other than a florida dealer. FordWarrantys.com is out of Winsted, Connecticut, Lombard Ford

Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
when I was selling the ESP's at Y2Kford, Florida warranties cost us $100+ more.

All ESP's purchased before 12/12 were $100 less and we didn't offer the payment plan online. Ford charges the dealer big bucks to be in that program. I was selling the ESP's for $100 or $250 over cost depending on truck and plan and would have lost money if I tried to go the payment plan option.

My dealer here doesn't want me to sell them on line. But as a option for you, you might want to go where you purchased the truck and tell them what you are willing to pay and they might match it.

get a few quotes and see. never hurts to ask.

And there are a few sponsor here on FTE that sell them for a good price also.

Ed

Old 11-14-2008, 11:48 AM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY
when I was selling the ESP's at Y2Kford, Florida warranties cost us $100+ more.

All ESP's purchased before 12/12 were $100 less and we didn't offer the payment plan online. Ford charges the dealer big bucks to be in that program. I was selling the ESP's for $100 or $250 over cost depending on truck and plan and would have lost money if I tried to go the payment plan option.

My dealer here doesn't want me to sell them on line. But as a option for you, you might want to go where you purchased the truck and tell them what you are willing to pay and they might match it.

get a few quotes and see. never hurts to ask.

And there are a few sponsor here on FTE that sell them for a good price also.

Ed
Thanks for info Ed. I have priced a few other on-line folks and FordDiscount Warranty give me the most for the money.

I went to the dealer and got the "this is what we have to sell them for" and "that guy can't be selling it for that price. It must be a 3rd party warranty" speech. They wanted 1485 for premiumcare, 1250 for extracare and 1050 basecare, plus tax on all.

FordDiscountWarranty is 800 for premium. FordWarrantys is 920 with their coupon.

It just amazes me that the dealer jacks the prices up so high! I wanted to buy it from them, but not for 600.00 more!

I've checked their domian name (FordDiscountWarranty) and it comes back Greenfield Ford. And they do sell factory warranties for other makes. There are no BBB complaints for them.

I'm sure that it they were not legit, Ford would have closed them down long ago...

I was hoping someone that dealt with them before and could share their experience. I'm calling them today and will get all the details worked out. I'll have to FAX them some info. I'm just a little concerned about giving them 800 without doing it face to face.

Can anyone tell me what paperwork you get when you purchase and ESP?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
I thought they were Sweeny Ford, one of the first sponsors of FTE. maybe Greenfield bought them.

They are good people to deal with from what I hear.

Ed

Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 PM
HoosierF150
New User
I just purchased an ESP from FordDiscount out of Greenfield. Troy did a nice job and I got the booklet and card in about a week.

I like you would not pay the dealer considerably more.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Many thanks to both Ed and HoosierF150! I'll let you know what happens..

Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
I got my paper work from Troy at FordDiscountWarranty.com today. I now have a 6/60 premiumCARE warranty for my 06. Total cost from FordDiscountyWarranty.com, $800.00! The local dealer wanted 1485 + tax for the same warranty...

One of the other quotes I got from them was $1000.00 for a 6 year 72,000 mile premiumCARE warranty. The dealer wanted 1705 for the same thing...

If anyone is considering an extended warranty, go to FordDiscountWarranty.com. They advertise on FTE. They are easy to work with and have the best price you can find.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
have you swung by your local dealership to verify the warranty exists?

and to rub it in the dealerships face?

Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
give it a few days and I'll run the vin and confirm they enter it.

ed

Quick Reply: ESP Warranty from FordDiscountWarranty.com