Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

oh chit the Pearl has a big problem- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM
The Blue Pearl
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh chit the Pearl has a big problem- HELP

Hi all been a while. Things have been good but The Blue Pearl has a problem. about 2 weeks ago the water in fuel light came on. Went to my regular mechanic he drained off the filter. Went to my regular diesel mechanic he changred the fuel filter. Went back to the original mechanic drianed off the filter. Everyday I had to do this. noticed on first few drops its green- anti freeze? Took it to east gate ford a 1000 plus later. new number 6 injector. light stayed off for three days. Lights on drained it at first its green. Blow white smoke when you start her runs ok but has a vibration when going backwards or when cold. PLEASE HELP

Old 11-11-2008, 08:15 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
head gasket? just a guess as I've never owned a deisel but white smoke means your burning coolant.

frank

Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Pearl, welcome back! I can't help you with your problem, but I would venture to guess that the vibration while backing up is a different problem than the white smoke/water in fuel problem...

Antifreeze in the fuel? Why would there be coolant UPstream of the engine? That seems strange...