1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Got my new gauges today

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
MPH Racing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my new gauges today

Well, I went to the speed center I have been dealing with for 22 years now, (man I am getting old) and they were able to get me the Autometer 1803 4 in one gauge kit for my 51 for 75.00 cheaper than anyone else and no tax or shipping. (cash is king) The kit comes with all of the senders fuel and spedo included and they almost fit in the stock holes. I was concerned they would be a tad smaller than the holes in the dash but I am going to just trim the holes with a carbide burr to get them to fit. (it already has a CH%$Y in it so what is a little more trimming) I will post a few pictures after I get them in but it may be after the top chop that I am going to start in the next few weeks. Henry is rolling over as I write this but what the H#LL anyone can restore one it takes a real man to cut one up.

Mike

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to order an autometer fuel gauge to match my mustang tank which they matched pretty well with the black/chrome gauges I currently however, i got mine through Amacon.com which was cheaper than most places I checked. I also think most trucks old trucks look better with a minor chop except the 56 the look great without a chop but I'll never chop my 55 i don't have the skill nor will I trust any shops around here with it.