Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Danger... Oh and a lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Danger... Oh and a lift kit

Well I been eyeing the JEG'S Cat-Back Daul Exhaust, now problem is I can't find but I heard from alot of people/places that you can't use it, on a truck with daul tanks. My truck has Daul Tanks, and well I want daul exhaust, but here is the link to the product.

JEGS 30480 - JEGS Truck (Gasoline) Exhaust Systems - JEGS

I trust all you guys on hear, hell you guys could be locked in a house with my GF and I..... well that I wouldn't trust no man, except the married guys..... then IDK still (I know you married men are faithful) But my point is I trust you guys and only you guys, so umm if I would buy it can I install it on my truck? But the first thing I got to do is repair my old shackles. But I can do that. So guys thanks in advance, I hope it will work, cause then I may get one and put on my truck. Oh one last questions (Yeah annoying me I know) I am thinking about my next real big mod, will be a lift kit. Well what kits do you find works the best? I want a kit that has like everything I need, and I don't wnat to do any of that cutting/welding bull****. Umm height, 4-6 inches, hell 3 inches work too. I want it suspension lift not body lift. But what kits you guys use?

Yeah I know long time no see, missed you all.

JP

Old 10-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Louie3
Senior User
As for suspension My Rough Country 6" Suspension lift worked pretty well, the only thing I had to buy out of the box was a pair of radius arm bushings.

Oh and their customer service is awesome! They sent me 4" lift coils on accident and right away they overnighted me a pair of 6" coils an Add a leaf

Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
I assume there website would just be roughcountry.com ? I will look into that, and you said you just needed to buy a set of bushings? Man I like the sound of that. Thanks man, I appreciate it. So the exhaust, anyone got any ideas?

Old 10-05-2008, 02:09 PM
pc_2000
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheTowingCowboy
Well I been eyeing the JEG'S Cat-Back Daul Exhaust, now problem is I can't find but I heard from alot of people/places that you can't use it, on a truck with daul tanks. My truck has Daul Tanks, and well I want daul exhaust, but here is the link to the product.
I looked at the link you sent. It looks basically like my (and probably most here) setup. Your Y pipe brings everything over to the passenger side of the driveshaft already. This kit just runs single to almost the rear differential then splits and goes over it on each side of the rear tank/spare tire. Mine has plenty of room around the rear tank. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

Hopefully others will add their opinions.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Louie3
Senior User
Yup thats their site.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Louie, were going to become great friends. And thanks PC, that helps alot to know thats how it works. Well I hope to hear other people's opinions.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok also i see no mention of what your truck is , if it is a 1/2 ton get the longer radius arms your truck will handle a bunch better and you can fit larger tires that way as well

Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
86Stepside
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put that same exhaust on my truck earlier this summer it fits fine although I had trouble geting it to fit, ended up going to the exhaust shop to have them put it on. The pipes do get a little close to the rear axle, but I have air shocks so there is some room,don't know with regular shocks.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Red91XLT
New User
I used to want duals real bad too, to the point I actually threw down a lot of coin, only to find it wouldn't work the way I wanted it to.

Anyway, I got lucky. I found a Bassani off-road Y pipe for $175, after I bought my Maremont 3" mandrel-bent tail pipe. I love my set up. Only down side is lack of back pressure, and on my '91 Bronco/5.8 .. it's an 8.75:1 CR. Therefore, I need more back pressure. Here's a pic of the system.

The tail pipe fits like a dream and can be bought for $30 at Autozone. This is the only (with exception of a cat/muffler) exhaust I would recommend.

Hope this helps you a bit!