CHAPTER GUIDELINES (Revised & Restated August 1, 2008)
Note: The following "Chapter" guidelines are in addition to the FTE User Guidelines. FTE Guidelines
1. Chapter Membership Fees: Chapter members are not obligated to pay fees or "dues" as a condition of membership.
2. Starting a Chapter: In order to start a Chapter you must have minimum of 5 FTE members willing to join. Each of those members must be an active FTE user for at least 30 days.
A thread should be started in the Region where the state chapter is located. Prospective chapter members should post in that thread their willingness to join and support the new chapter.
When the required number of members have agreed, one of the regional chapter moderators will be notified that the requirements have been met to start a new chapter.
The regional chapter moderator will take the necessary steps to see that the new chapter forum is setup on FTE.
3. Chapter Leader Qualifications: In order to qualify as a nominee for the Chapter Leader position, the candidate must be at least age 21 and a registered user on FTE for a minimum of 60 days at the time of nomination. (Clarified 01/27/2009)
4. The Chapter Leader Election Process: To select a Chapter Leader: After notifying a Regional Chapters Moderator, a thread in your chapter forum shall be opened for 30 days to take nominations from willing candidates to fill the position. When the nomination poll is closed, FTE will provide a list of approved candidates from that poll for the final vote . A 14 day poll will then be opened for the membership to elect their new Chapter Leader from this list of approved candidates.
In the event no one is nominated or elected to the position of Chapter Leader all member approvals will be put on "Auto-Approve". FTE shall be the sole arbiter of the Chapters viability, and will make all decisions regarding it's continued existence.
5. Chapter Posting: To encourage involvement of Chapter members in their Chapter Forum, try to post on events and items of local interest. This may also include an "All Topic" or "Off Topic" thread, but postings must be within the FTE guidelines regarding content.
6. Chapter Buy/Sell/Trade Ads: Each chapter will have one (1) thread for chapter members to list items wanted, for sale or for trade. The rules for posting in this thread are as follows:
Only Ford truck related items and automotive tools & equipment can be listed.
Only one picture is allowed per post, per item. If additonal pictures are necessary, place a link in your post to those pictures. Additional posted pictures will be removed without warning.
You must have your private messaging (PM) turned on and be able to receive PM's to post an ad in the Chapter thread. If you do not, your post will be removed.
Use the PM or email system to conduct all discussion and transactions regarding the item(s). You can post your interest in the item(s) and that you’ll contact the seller but no discussions. Keep it short.
If you post an ad, please reply that you found, sold or otherwise disposed of the item.
The buy/sell/trade thread will be purged periodically for old postings. Generally every 30 to 60 days.
You need to be an active Chapter Member on FTE to post a wanted, for sale or for trade item(s). No Exceptions.
You must have permission from the Chapter Leader or a Regional Moderator to post an ad in a chapter that you are not a member of.
If you are new to FTE (less than 15 days) or have less than 25 posts, you must contact the Chapter Leader for permission before posting an ad.
Your ad or reply to any ad is subject to editing or deletion at discretion of the Chapter Leader, Moderators or Administrators of FTE.
Commercial advertisements are strictly prohibited.
7. Connection with FTE: Chapters and Chapter Leaders are not legally or financially obligated to FTE or IB. Nor is FTE or IB legally or financially obligated to the Chapters or Chapter Leaders.
All activities, gatherings and meetings held online or in person should be treated in a way to properly represent FTE and follow all published guidelines.
At functions where FTE is represented, all chapter members are personally liable for their own personal actions.
8. Chapter Online Business: Chapter online business is to be conducted on Ford Truck Enthusiasts.
9. Chapter Legal Liabilities: Each Chapter may want to seek independent legal advice from their own State/ Province on matters concerning Chapter functions. FTE has no legal responsibility to or for the chapters.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.