1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

creak/pop from door...I give up...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 09:22 PM
qwpo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000 F150 Super Cab. OK here goes....a few months ago it started...a "soft" but obvious creak/pop/clunk kind of sound coming from the area in or around drivers side door/short super cab door. It is most always heard during first 5-10 minutes driving after truck has been parked and driver's door open/closed. Also, it is definitely related to frame stress/torsion. It is heard during shifts (5 speed), going over bumps, etc. And will generally stop once whatever it is has "settled in". This does not appear to be something loose and rattling, rather a stress related noise. You can almost feel it in the door and jamb when it occurs. Mind you, it is not loud and harsh, but always there for first 5-10 mins driving after stopping truck and using the door. And, it is driving me CRAZY. I have check all hardware/ latches/ catches/ bolts/ hinges/ everything I can think of. If I open the driver's door while driving (i.e drive w/ door open), the pop/clunk stops. Close the door and it will come back. It appears that closing the driver's door is transfering a stress to another point in the 2 doors / jamb.
My job involves high tech electro-mechanical repairs every day, and this crazy little creak/pop is making me goofy with frustration. Any help from anybody??? Body shop guys??? Please ????
Thanks,
Brian

Old 04-28-2001, 10:47 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts