General Automotive Discussion

Cobalt SS Tubo

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Crummy 450
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt SS Tubo

Going to look at one tomorrow morning as a possible replacement for my 2002 Saturn SC2. It seems like one of those deals that's just hard to beat. This one's on sale for $24k CDN, as it's an 08 model, and they're already making room for the 09s.
260HP/260TQ, launch control, no lift shift etc. It's missing an LSD, but I can grab one from work if I'm desperate.

Anyone here have one/ driven one/ know someone who's got one? It's mighty tempting. The delta platform is solid, but it's been let down with rental car suspension in the past. This version has some serious upgrades in that arena (and Brembo solid calipers up front too!) as well as 55more ponies than the outgoing version. It's the quickest production front driver around the Nurburgring now too.

Am I getting excited about the wrong reasons?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The colbalt SS have a super charger instead of a turbo and they make around 200 hp unless they have changed alot in the last year. There pretty quick and still get decent mpg, you should like it, there a fun car that you can actually aford to drive.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Crummy 450
Freshman User
They have changed a lot this year. And that's why I'm interested. The car drove beautifully. Far more power and significantly better handling than the previous car. I want one very much, but trades aren't getting much value these days, so I have to sell my current car privately first.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm big on GM cars. I think they offer great cars, & as a rule better mileage/performance than others. Although, Ford is building some of the best cars they ever have in my opinion. If you want what I consider a fairly honest reviews I go to Edmonds.com I believe they give a pretty neutral view point. Not like Consumers Report. I also find that the vehicles we own that are used Edmonds seem to be pretty right on in there reviews of them.