1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help 2004 F-350 Lariat SDD DRW 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
mikestoke
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help 2004 F-350 Lariat SDD DRW 6.0

OK, I took my truck to the dealership and told them a whole list of problems.

1. Coolant leak(or coolant disappearing)
2. Loss of power(Towing or not)
3. Lots of White smoke( smoke up the whole country)
4. Oil leak (rear of engine)
5. Hard or NO start (Cold)

I had a sit down with the Service Manager and explained that I have had my truck in about 6 times for the same issues and I was tired of paying 100.00 every month for them to say we cant find anything wrong. I took all of my dealership records in with me and showed the problems since I bought the truck. He also looked up my account. My truck has never thrown a code I do not understand. He called the Diesel Mechanic in and explained everything to him so we are on the same page. I am at my wits end, Is there anything I can do? Will the Lemon law apply? Should I demand a new motor?? Any advice will help. Thanks Mike

Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 PM
redford
Received 1,596 Likes on 933 Posts
OK, first, site rules: No legal advice, no discussion of pending legal action. Discussion like that will get this thread deleted.

Lemon laws vary from state to state. Generally if you have had it in the shop under warranty 6 times for the same problem you would qualify, but remember that they usually only have to buy your truck back, at retail value. They don't have to give you a full refund of the purchase price.

It sounds to me like you might have a blown head gasket. You might try calling Ford and complaining about this dealership. You might also ask about getting your truck to a competant service department. It's my opinion that most of the issues with Power Stroke engines are actually caused by poor service.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
mikestoke
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the post.. Thank you for the advice. You know how some people get when they are upset.. I will watch it alot better next time

Thanks Mike