Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Wind is 35km/h gusting to 57km/h so a good day to stay off the roads.
I doubt spring is here just yet tho I`m really looking forward to it Sherm, it is nice that the sun has real warmth to it now.
Good luck with your latest find, keep us posted and pictures if it happens.
A friend just bought up a 2014 F150 reg cab F150/3.7 V6 with a 6.5 ft box with only 148 kms, yes 148 kms, for $16,000. That bed cover I bought from you last yr will have a new home on it, I bought a headache rack for my truck so I couldn`t use it.
I hate messing with plumbing Grant, it`s certainly not one of my favorite past times.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Same weather here today to Morris. The road was snow covered when I came home from work today hope it is better for the wife when she comes home from work.

Good luck with the truck search Sherm. The painter phoned this afternoon and I get to pick my truck up tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning Fellas. March taking a swing at us already.

The highways were getting nasty last night as we went to Fort Q'uapelle and back to get the truck. My Father in Law insisted that we take his '09 F150 instead of the Focus loaner and I'm glad we did.

So my yard returns to an all Ford yard. This little '02 F150 has had a pretty easy life. It has 208k on it, hasn't had the front end apart yet, and its still very tight. It has a couple of marks on it, but no rust or anything too drastic. All in all, I think it'll be a great truck for what I need.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Tuesday mornin'all. Looks to be in exceptional shape Sherm. Very windy one here today. John should get it tomorrow. Have a great day guy's.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Congrats on the truck Sherm, good luck with it chum

Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,135 Likes on 2,657 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Happy Tuesday mornin'all. Looks to be in exceptional shape Sherm. Very windy one here today. John should get it tomorrow. Have a great day guy's.
Been getting it all day Grant, the wind chill was terrible
Nice clean looking truck Sherm

Old 03-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Good looking truck Sherm. Did you take the picture at the DQ at the Fort?

Got my truck back this morming.

Attached Images    
Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Lookin' Good Colin!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning Boys! How about that wind yesterday?

Colin, your truck is a beaut!! Love it! Now for the 6" lift and 37" rubber

Yes, those pics were at the Fort DQ The previous owners of the truck were from Lumsden, but willing to meet us at the Fort.

Keep looking to the future Fellas, spring is coming!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 03-04-2015, 06:41 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GooooooooooD Mornin

Colin, it's crappy to loose but that's what builds motivation.
Sherm, she's a clean lookin unit there!!
Grant, Plumbing sucks!!

I've been busy last couple 3 days. Sleddin yesterday. Shopping for mumzie's reno. Decided to do entire house, top to bottom. Pulled the trailer out of the snowbank and filled her up with some drywall, doors, mirrored closet doors, paint, casings, baseboards, flooring, vanity, lighting ect ect. She soooo stoked. I haven't seen her like this in a long time. We did a "spruce up" 15 years ago on the interior but nothing major. 20 years together and she totally deserves this. She was so tired at the end of the day. She was like, "man you have to load at store, load in trailer, then unload at customers usually. No wonder it takes you a day to build material list and get ready" Unfortunately her contractor isn't very handsome, but he's handy :P
Off to the city today. Trying to find a 3-4pc tub/shower that'll fit. Also going to order the new counter tops and vanity top today. Once I have floors ripped up there will be some extra plumbing run for a little surprise I have lined up for her......DISHWASHER!!

Warm weather is on its way. Not really looking forward to it but at least with the snow melting I shouldn't have time to whine about not being out blazing the trails on the snowmavroomvroom!

Have a Fantastic day FTE!!!
Let the fun begin!!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Hump Day mornin'all. Sherm; Are going to lift the new truck? Curtis: Good on you for looking after you wife. You're going to be one busy guy. Have a great day guy's.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
I hope March is kinder than Feb was tho it hasn`t started out that great!
Congratulations on your new to you F150 Sherm, looks mint.
What did you have repainted on your truck Colin?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
There were a couple of dents on the pass side from the previous owner that were starting to rust, I had him do the painted part of the bumper as it was badly chipped and there were a few scratchs that needed to be buffed out.

Sherm, the next item on the list is an exhaust, than maybe some rims and tires. Not sure about a lift she is already complaining about getting in the truck.

Looks like March is going to be a little kinder to us for the next while Morris.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:35 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning Fellas!! After another brutally cold day yesterday, -6 will be a blessing today, and the remainder of the forecast period will be a gift as well. One day there is +6!!! Hell yeah, keep that chit coming!!!

Curtis, though you have been in the relationship longer than I, may I offer a word of advice... Don't push the reno and get everything done at once. Leave some things so the Lady always gets another surprise

Colin, I like lifted trucks, they look awesome, but for anyone who uses a truck bed, they're the most impractical. I have to think twice before lifting a truck now that I had and sold one. Exhaust would be a nice touch. Powerstroke sounds groovy with 4" cool duals Could you share a ballpark on what the bodywork cost you? I would like to get one box side repaired where it has a crease about a foot long.

Seeing all the hardware and farm supply stores stocking up on pumps, hose, and generators makes me a little nervous. Do they have a premonition on what is to come or are they trying reverse psychology on the weather maker? I sure hope we don't wind up with the flooding like last year. While it created lots of work for us contractors, it also caused my neighbor to take his own life.

Have a great day there boys!! Spring is coming for sure!!!

Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gooooooon Mornin!!

Good advice Sherm, but i'm in.......ALLLLLLLLLL IN

Was in the city yesterday again. Made great headway getting what I needed. Even got my buddies Fox Shocks all figured out for our trip this weekend. (rebuild and bushings). THEN.......BOOOOOM crunch crunch. Blew the rear end out of the eX. When I dropped my trailer at home and made the turn out of the area I park them I heard a weird crunch. I thought it was just frozen springs cause I left the tongue weight on the truck for a couple days. Felt an odd wobble but thinking its -30 with chill. Tires are cold. Actually didn't really have any other heads up than that there was something amiss. Something came through the diff cover and punched a hole. Thank goodness for TransTec. Phone call to them and within 45 mins I was picked up, towed to their shop, courtesy car and on my way to pick up shock bushings from a guy outside the city on my way home. Almost got a ticket at bath place on Logan (parked at a bus stop....Ooops but he let me slide) Then after T-tec, stopped at Esso to grab "cash" for bushings and shock rebuild guy and sure enough........Machine shorted me $180. That was another 45 min delay to get fixed. THEN #3, get home and bushings won't fit. Nothing a belt sander couldn't fix. Got er done!!!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.........Ahhhhh what a day.
Keep telling meself, with every negative comes more positives

Wishing you boys a fantastic, safe day!!

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2