1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

what did i do!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM
ramz28
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what did i do!!!!

so i took off the carb and put the new gaskets down. but i left out a spacer.
My truck had manifold to egr spacer to nylon spacer to carb is that normal? i left out the nylon spacer bolted the carb back down setup all the lines like they were turnd the key and nothing!!! no fuel goin to carb so i do what ive done b4 lil bit of quick start turn over for like 1sc so i put a lil more and the thing bangs and startes shooten flames up!!!!!! so i blow em out n try again n it keeps doing the same thing no matter how lil or much i put quick start, is my carb fianly done? also the automatic choke broke spoke to a lil shop around here and they told me dont worry about it itll rn just fine. do i need thaT? any help would be great i need my truck for the upcoming weekend. whats the price differene in rebuilding and new carb? can a new 1 just bolt down? and everything plug right bak into its places? thanks every1

Old 07-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,699 Likes on 1,374 Posts
I would not leave anything out when bolting down the carb. Unless you study the situation very carefully, you might not be sealing the whole carb area off, and making a huge vacuum leak under the carb.