6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Tuners under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Demolition
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuners under warranty

Was talking with my buddy- who owns an auto repair business- about tuners. He suggested that if I wanted a tuner, and didn't want to void my warranty, that I take the tuner to a dealer and have them install it. He said that if Ford installs it, it will be under warranty.
I know that this used to be true with some products, ie push bars, bed lids etc.
My Questions: 1. Are there dealers who will install and warranty a tuner? 2. If so, will other dealers honor my warranty if I break down half way across the country?

I would do this in a heartbeat to save fuel. Thx in advance for your responses.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:56 AM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

I would say thats not the case, and thats if you could find a dealer to perform the work. Most dealers wont install aftermarket products due to the liability.

On the flip side, if they did i am asuming you would leave the tuner in if you went to the dealer for warranty work which brings up issues. Lets say your on the road and can't get to the dealer who installed it, the next dealer may be un-mod friendly. You as the owner could still be liable for the damage. Just because the dealer put it on they could look at it like this, we told the customer it could cause damage, but the customer just wanted it professionaly installed. Just some of my opnions on the subject.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Demolition
Senior User
That is my main worry. Wondering what they do with the Roush Mustangs and Rize-lifted trucks?
Brandon Ford sells tons of specialty Stangs off the lot so I would guess all dealers would handle most issues with those. Guess the main difference there though is that Roush and Rize are probably Ford sanctioned aftermarket companies whereas SCT or Edge are not.