2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add A Leaf Done!! Center bolts suck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 AM
krazymatt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add A Leaf Done!! Center bolts suck!!!

Well, I finished my add a leaf last night and my truck is ready to go camping! It is quite easy except for the damn leaf spring center bolts! For some reason on my truck the center bolts were just a pain to remove. On the first side I didn't have a C-clamp and I thought this was the reason because of the spring tension. Well on the other side I installed two c-clamps and same problem. They loosened fine and turned several turns then they got to a point where the nuts became impossible to turn. The first side I sweated them out of there, took me about 30 minutes. Then on the other side where I used the c-clamps to hold the tension of the springs it seemed worse. I then called the Cavalry. I dialed up my buddy with a plasma cutter and they were off in 5 minutes! The rest of the process went fairly smoothly except one of the new center bolts stripped with minimal effort when tightening. Luckily I already had the other new one in and I was able to make an old one work. Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent about those darn center bolts!!

Last edited by krazymatt; 07-03-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Post pics when you get it unloaded at the camp ground