Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the chapter, Scootr!

Another member from the San Diego area -

Old 06-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Scootr
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

My name is Scott (Scootr for fun). Recently came back to the Ford fold about three weeks ago. Picked up a 1996 F250 4x4 460 OBDII (Ca truck). I've already posted a couple of times in the General area (questions about my truck). Figured I'd do the formal intro now. Planning on using the truck as a sort of "Fun" vehicle reserved for rainy days and camping trips with the scooter (KTM 950 Adv - only so I don't have to worry about wadding the bike and figuring out how to get home).

Anyways, so far everybnody has been really helpful and did I mention I LOVE my gas guzzling truck!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Glad to have you here, Scott.

Where do you like to go camping?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Scootr
Trailering
I'm pretty much good anywhere. But around here (San Diego) I like Anza (in winter). Mostly it's been backpacking (Havasupai and Zion recently). Now I can plan some slightly more elaborate Expedition style trips. At some point I plan on putting a 4 Wheel Camper on her and travelling to see the country. But that's a ways down the road.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:54 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Ever go up around Julian? I always liked that area - I know it was impacted by the fires last year (what wasn't?) but I don't know how badly.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Scootr
Trailering
I do like Julian, although I've never been camping in that area. There are still remanants of the fires everywhere, but life in the area has pretty much come back to normal.

When I used to live in Redondo Beach I'd go to San Bernadino pretty often (Big Bear and Arrowhead areas).

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
th1567
Senior User
Welcome, welcome...although I'm a northern california based Ford Nut...I've got to say, SoCal car people are pretty fantastic...and you know if I have to drive in traffic..there's nothing better that 8 lanes of traffic doing 85...well, that's how it was on the 8 FWY at 530 am earlier this year...I was in Burbank before I knew it...

All the best,

TH1567
Never give the bird to a guy in his F250 when he's with his wife and daughter, it riles him fierce...that's what the dude in the Honda learned one day....he was rolling up his window on my arm as I was trying to choke him...he ought to have known no good could come of it after about the 10th mile of my following him...what can I say? I was foolish, but he was in the wrong from the get go. Winter 1988